Research Areas and Interests
Dr Mark Brogan
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6300, Mobile: 0423 649 472, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML13.234
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6300|
|Mobile:||0423 649 472|
Mark is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computer and Security Science
- Markup languages, Information retrieval, Enterprise Information Management
- 2008-2011, Course Coordinator, Information Science
- 2007, Course Coordinator, Master of Information Technology
- 2006, Digital Records Coordinator, State Records Office
- 2005, Course Coordinator, Bachelor of Information Technology
- 2002-2004, Course Coordinator, Bachelor of Science, Internet Computing
- 1993-2001, Lecturer, School of Computer and Information Science
- Professional Member of the Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Professional Member of the Australian Society of Archivists (ASA Inc)
- Professional Member of Records and Information Professionals Association
- Allied Professional Member of the Australian Library and Information Association
Awards and Recognition
National and International Awards
- 2009 - Winner ASA Inc. Mander Jones Award Category 4
- 2007 - Awarded Best Paper We-B Conference, Melbourne: Victoria University
Research Areas and Interests
- Governance, Compliance, Digital recordkeeping, Digital Archiving, Enterprise Information Management, Digital Preservation, Knowledge management, E-business, E-Government, Online community
- Computer simulation and gaming in the online cultural heritage space (AE2 Commander)
- MA Public Policy, Murdoch University .
- Doctor of Philosophy, Edith Cowan University, 2006 .
- Master of Arts, Murdoch University, 1998 .
- Graduate Diploma, The University of New South Wales, 1981 .
- Bachelor of Arts, The University of Western Australia, 1977 .
Recent Research Grants
- Trailblazer: A Framework for Context Aware Multimodal Learning, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration Grant - 2013, 2013 - 2014, $109,392.
- AE2 Simulation National Archives of Australia, National Archives of Australia, Grant - Ian Maclean Award, 2009 - 2010, $21,000.
- An investigation into the incorporation of leading edge mobile technologies in the recreational and adventure tourism industries , CRC Centre for Sustainable Tourism, Grant, 2006 - 2007, $20,000.
- Leading edge developments in tourism ICT and related underlying technologies, CRC Centre for Sustainable Tourism, Grant, 2004, $17,000.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Ahmad, P., Brogan, M., Johnstone, M., (2014), The E-book Power User in Academic and Research Libraries: Deep Log Analysis and User Customisation. Australian Academic and Research Libraries, 45(1), 35-47, DOI: 10.1080/00048623.2014.885374.
- Brogan, M., Masek, M., (2013), E-learning with docugames: AE2 Commander. Archives and Manuscripts, 41(1), 58-68, London, DOI: 10.1080/01576895.2013.779207.
- Ahmad, P., Brogan, M., (2012), Scholarly use of E-books in a virtual academic environment: A Case Study. Australian Academic and Research Libraries, 43(2), 189-213, Silver Water, NSW.
- Brogan, M., Roberts, D., (2012), In the shadow of the cloud? technology in the RIM workspace: RIMPA Technology Survey Part 2. IQ: The RIM Professionals Australasia Quarterly, 28(1), 33-35, McLaren Vale, SA.
- Brogan, M., Masek, M., (2011), AE2 Commander: Simulation and serious games in the online cultural heritage space. Archives and Manuscripts: The Journal of the Australian Society of Archivists Inc., 39(1), 85-106, Virginia, QLD.
- Brogan, M., Roberts, D., (2011), RIM Professionals Australasia Technology Survey 2010-Part 1. IQ The RIM Quarterly, 27(4), 32-35, McClaren Vale, SA.
- Brogan, M., (2009), Clipping Mercury's Wings: The Challenge of Email Archiving. Archives and manuscripts, 37(1), 12-26, ACT.
- Brogan, M., Roberts, D., (2009), RMAA Technology Survey 2008: From mainstream to bleeding edge- technology in the RIM workspace. Informaa Quarterly, 25(2), 40-47, Potts Point NSW.
Research Student Supervision
- Internet Content Control In Australia: Data Topology, Topography And The Data Deficit.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Pictures In Words: Indexing, Folksonomy And Representation Of Subject Content In Historic Photographs..