This page provides resources for Mentor Teachers, University Supervisors and School Practice Coordinators to assist in mentoring Pre-service Teachers at all levels. We will regularly add resources so please check this page regularly for updates.
- The Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership website contains information regarding the 'National Professional Standards for Teachers', a public statement which, in part, includes exemplars of teacher quality.
- Mentoring for Effective Teaching, a PowerPoint presentation by Anne Barone, includes useful information on feedback and reflecting on practice.
- The Mentor Self Reflection guide, courtesy of Dr Peter Hudson, assists you in self reflection when mentoring a Pre-service Teacher. As you know, self reflection provides the opportunity to consider information you have provided your Pre-service Teacher, contemplate your own strengths and think about areas for potential improvement.
- In your roles, you are required to give feedback about your Pre-service Teacher. This should be done orally but also in written form that the Pre-service Teacher can take with them and reflect upon. Use the below forms to assist with all feedback:
- Dr Peter Hudson’s 5 Factor Mentoring Model is a very useful tool which you can read all about on the Teacher Education Done Differently (TEDD) website.