About the Edith Cowan Institute for Education Research
Our mission is to enhance the quality of education and close the gap between high and low performing students and schools.
This is achieved through conducting education research and development that will reform education policy, enhance school leadership to achieve school improvement, and enhance teaching practice to improve student engagement and learning outcomes.
Evidence-based reform of pre-and in-service teacher professional learning will be promoted in Australia and SE Asian and Pacific Rim countries.
Our aim is to:
- provide a stimulating environment for the pursuit of education research and development;
- provide a focus for the recruitment of higher degrees by research students and high quality research training;
- provide mentoring for early career researchers and support for writing research proposals, grant applications, tenders and research publications;
- conduct applied research in collaboration with industry partners that will impact on schools, teachers and students and the broader community within Australia and in SE Asian and the Pacific Rim countries;
- become an internationally recognised research centre that attracts scholars and research collaborators from within Australia and overseas;
- translate research findings through development and consultancy activities into curriculum resources, evaluation tools and professional learning programs that impact on teaching and learning and school culture;
- strengthen the nexus between research and pre- and in-service teacher education programs so that teacher education at ECU is research informed; and,
- disseminate research findings through international journal and conference publications, books, workshops, seminars and professional learning programs.