Digital forms of assessment
A three-year ARC Linkage project with the WA Curriculum Council that commenced in 2008 and finished in 2011. Since 2008 the Centre has worked on a study worth in excess of $500K over three years, to investigate the use of digital forms of assessment to four courses of study in Years 11 and 12.
Papers and chapters
- Newhouse, C.P. (2011). Comparative pairs marking supports authentic assessment of practical performance within constructivist learning environments. In R.F. Cavanagh and R.F. Waugh (eds), Applications of Rasch Measurement in Learning Environments Research. Rotterdam, The Netherlands, Sense Publishers. (ISBN 978-94-6091-492-8)
- Penney, D., Newhouse, C.P., Jonew, A, and Campbell, A. (2011). Digital technologies: Enhancing pedagogy and extending opportunities for learning in senior secondary physical education? In Le, Thao, Le Quynh, (eds), Technologies for Enhancing Pedagogy, Engagement and Empowerment in Education: Creating Learning-Friendly Environments. Pennsylvania: IGI global. (doi:10.4018/978-1-61350-074-3)
- Newhouse, C.P. (2008). Digital Forms of Performance Assessment. Australian Educational Computing, 23(2), 7-11.
- Newhouse, C.P. (2008). Transforming Schooling with Support from Portable Computing. Australian Educational Computing, 23(2), 19-23.
- Newhouse, C.P. & Njiru, J. (2009). Using digital technologies and contemporary psychometrics in the assessment of performance on complex practical tasks. Technology, Pedagogy and Education, 18(2), 221-234.
- Newhouse, C.P. (2010). Aligning Assessment with Curriculum and Pedagogy in Applied Information Technology. Australian Educational Computing, 24(2), 2-5.
- Newhouse, C.P. (2011). Using IT to assess IT: Towards greater authenticity in summative performance assessment. Computers & Education, 56(2), 388-402.
- Newhouse, C.P. (2008). Digital Forms of Performance Assessment. Proceedings for the 2008 Australian Computers in Education Conference. Ralph Lenard (Ed.), Australian Council for Computers in Education, Canberra, ACT (ISBN 978-0-646-49809-6).
- Jones, A., Penney, D., Newhouse, C.P. and Campbell, A. (2009). Digital assessment in high stakes physical education practical examinations. In T. F. Cuddihy & E. Brymer (Eds.), Proceedings of the 26th ACHPER International Conference (pp. 217-232) (ISBN: 978-1-74107-286-0).
- Newhouse, C.P. (2010). Digital Forms of Performance Assessment. Proceedings for the 2010 Australian Computers in Education Conference. Donna Gronn & Geoff Romeo (Eds.), Australian Council for Computers in Education, Canberra, ACT (ISBN 978 0 646 53005 5).
- Penney, D., Gillespie, L., Jones, A., Newhouse, P. & Cambell, A. (2011). Assessment in Senior Secondary Physical Education. Questions of Judgement. In G. Dodd (Ed.). Edited Proceedings of the 27th ACHPER International Conference (pp. 103-110). Adelaide, S.A.: ACHPER. http://www.achper.org.au/conferences-events/2011-conference-proceedings
Associate Professor Paul Newhouse
Associate Professor Phillip John Williams
Associate Professor Dawn Penney
Dr Jeremy Pagram
Professor Cher Ping Lim
Professor Mark Hackling
Professor Ron Oliver
Dr Russell Waugh
Dr Alistair Campbell
Dr Martin Cooper