Associate Professor Carmel Maloney
Honorary Associate Professor
Contact Information Email: email@example.com,
- Doctorate, Edith Cowan University .
- Master of Education, Murdoch University, 1990 .
- Bachelor of Education, Edith Cowan University, 1984 .
- Diploma of Teaching, Edith Cowan University, 1974 .
- Teachers Certificate, Graylands Teachers College, 1966 .
Recent Research Grants
- Development of child and parent centre initiative WA, Department of Education WA, Department of Education - Tender, 2012 - 2013, $45,455.
- Developing the responsiveness and inclusivity of Balga Primary to student literacy and numeracy needs through the development of a Professional Learning Community., Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2011 - 2012, $79,815.
- Focused Intervention for Early Literacy Development, Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations, Grant, 2009 - 2011, $155,143.
- Development of Kindergarten / Pre-Primary Guidelines for Western Australian Schools, School Curriculum and Standards Authority, Tender, 2012 - 2013, $68,668.
- Assessing the Impact of a Commercial Systematic Phonics Program on Teacher Knowledge, Attitude to Teaching, and Pre-Primary Student Progress, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2010 - 2011, $92,564.
- Community Partnerships in Action: Developing Positive Behaviour and Engagement Through the Early Learning Environment, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2010 - 2011, $84,216.
- An evaluation of the uptake and use by schools of the Kindergarten and Pre-primary Profile Package and recommendations for future directions, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2007 - 2008, $44,000.
- The Identification of Resources to Support Children Learning to Read in the Early Years of School, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2007 - 2008, $47,185.
- The Identification of Resources to Support Children's Social and Emotional Development, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2007 - 2008, $47,185.
- The 'health' of Australia's professions: Teaching, nursing and policing as effective professions, Australian Research Council, Grant - Linkage (Projects), 2004 - 2007, $271,955.
- Social emotional development in the early childhood phase of schooling, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2004 - 2006, $43,500.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Barblett, L., Barratt-Pugh, C., Kilgallon, P., Maloney, C., (2011), Transition from long day care to kindergarten: Continuity or not?. Australasian Journal of Early Childhood , 36(2), 42-49, Deakin West ACT 2600.
- Maloney, C., Konza, D., (2011), A case study of teachers' professional learning: Becoming a community of professional learning or not?. Issues in Educational Research, 21(1), 75-87.
- Barblett, L., Maloney, C., (2010), Complexities of assessing social and emotional competence and wellbeing in young children. Australasian Journal of Early Childhood, 35(2), 13-18, Australia.
- Konza, D., Maloney, C., Grafton, P., (2010), It takes two to talk: a focused intervention program for parents and children with language delays. The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, 5(6), 225-236, Champaign, USA.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Sustainment Of Early Childhood Teachers In The Classroom..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Teacher-student Relationships In Primary Schools In Perth.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Parent-teacher Interactions: A Study Of The Dynamics Of Social Influence..