Mrs Kate Hume
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 2604|
Kate is Course Coordinator for the University Preparation Course (Education Assistant Program) in the School of Education in the Faculty of Education and Arts.
- EAP0201 - Professional Skills for the Education Assistant
- EAP0202 - Child and Adolescent Development
- LAN1265 - English 1: Oral Communication
- LAN2240 - English in the Early Years of Primary School
Kate has many years experience teaching from kindergarten to year 7 in Western Australian schools. She has qualifications in Early Childhood, Primary and Special Education as well as a Master of Education specialising in Learning Difficulties. Kate has been teaching at ECU since 2004 and has been Coordinator of the Education Assistant Program for 3 years. She has taught across Primary, Early Childhood and K-7 programs in Practicum, Literacy, IT, Society and the Environment, Child Development and Academic Skills units and has been a University Colleague working with students completing their school placements. Kate’s current area of interest is supporting students making the transition into university, identifying supports that will assist students as they embark on their exciting journey through tertiary education.
- MEd (Master of Education), Edith Cowan University, 2013 .
- BEd (Bachelor of Education), Edith Cowan University, 2003 .
- GradCert (Graduate Certificate), Murdoch University, 2003 .
- BA (Bachelor of Arts), Edith Cowan University, 1994 .