Dr Leanne Fried
Post Doctoral Res Fellow Literarcy
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5978|
- Diploma in Education, Murdoch University .
- Bachelor of Science, Murdoch University .
- Master of Education, The University of Western Australia .
- PhD (Doctoral Degree), The University of Western Australia, 2010 .
Recent Research Grants
- Case Management and targeted Literacy and Numeracy Intervention for Students in low SES Schools to Support the Australian Government's Literacy and Numeracy Projects' , Dept of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2011, $33,008.
- Westminster Junior Primary School Project, Department of Education WA, Grant, 2011, $13,999.
- Case Management and targeted Literacy and Numeracy Intervention for Students in low SES Schools to Support the Australian Government's Literacy and Numeracy Projects', Dept of Education and Training WA, Grant(**), 2010, $90,909.
- Clarkson Cluster Collaboration: A framework of literacy intervention for at-risk Year 2 students in five schools, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant(**), 2010, $50,000.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Konza, D., Fried, L., Michael, M., (2010), Responding to the challenge of teaching English language skills. Researching literacy in a foreign language among primary school learners, 13-36, Frankfurt.
- Fried, L., Chapman, E., (2012), An investigation into the capacity of student motivation and emotion regulation strategies to predict engagement and resilience in the middle school classroom. Australian Educational Researcher, 39(3), 295-311, DOI: 10.1007/s13384-011-0049-1.
- Fried, L., Konza, D., Mulcahy, P., (2012), Paraprofessionals implementing a research-based reading intervention. Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties, 17(1), 35-54, London, DOI: 10.1080/19404158.2012.674052.
- Konza, D., Fried, L., (2012), Maximising the contribution of paraprofessionals in schools: A win-win-win story. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, 6(9), 115-123, Champagne, Illinois, USA.
- Fried, L., (2011), Teaching teachers about emotion regulation in the classroom. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 36(3), Article 2 - 116-127, Australia.
- Fried, L., (2010), Understanding and Enhancing Emotion and Motivation Regulation Strategy use in the Classroom. The International Journal of Learning, 17(6), 115-129, Australia.
- Konza, D., Michael, M., Fried, L., (2010), From "Learning to Read" to "Reading to Learn": Bridging the Gap. International Journal of the Humanities, 8(6), 115-130, Champaign, Illinois USA.