Dr Leanne Fried
Access Only - Education
Contact Information Email: email@example.com,
- Diploma in Education, Murdoch University .
- Master of Education, The University of Western Australia .
- Bachelor of Science, Murdoch University .
- PhD (Doctoral Degree), The University of Western Australia, 2010 .
Recent Research Grants
- PALL Plus: Building on success, Public Education Endowment Trust, Grant, 2012 - 2014, $125,000.
- Using talk to enhance collaboration, continuity and student outcomes across two schools, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration Grant - 2013, 2013, $95,563.
- Developing the responsiveness and inclusivity of Balga Primary to student literacy and numeracy needs through the development of a Professional Learning Community., Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2011 - 2012, $79,815.
- Extending the capacity of YMN teachers and School Support Officers to teach beginning reading skills , Department of Education and Children's Development (Yorke and Mid North Region), DECS Yorke and Mid North Grant, 2012 - 2013, $130,325.
- Westminister Primary and Junior Primary Professional Learning Community Project, Westminster Primary School, Grant, 2012 - 2013, $10,000.
- Meeting the needs of novice primary teachers of literacy in low socioeconomic schools, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher - Grant, 2010 - 2012, $8,201.
- Case Management and targeted Literacy and Numeracy Intervention for Students in low SES Schools to Support the Australian Government's Literacy and Numeracy Projects' , Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2010 - 2011, $123,917.
- Clarkson Cluster Collaboration: A framework of literacy intervention for at-risk Year 2 students in five schools, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2010 - 2011, $169,837.
- Westminster Junior Primary School Project, Department of Education WA, Grant, 2010, $13,999.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Konza, D., Fried, L., Michael, M., (2010), Responding to the challenge of teaching English language skills. Researching literacy in a foreign language among primary school learners, 13-36, Frankfurt.
- Fried, L., Chapman, E., (2012), An investigation into the capacity of student motivation and emotion regulation strategies to predict engagement and resilience in the middle school classroom. Australian Educational Researcher, 39(3), 295-311, DOI: 10.1007/s13384-011-0049-1.
- Fried, L., Konza, D., Mulcahy, P., (2012), Paraprofessionals implementing a research-based reading intervention. Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties, 17(1), 35-54, London, DOI: 10.1080/19404158.2012.674052.
- Konza, D., Fried, L., (2012), Maximising the contribution of paraprofessionals in schools: A win-win-win story. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, 6(9), 115-123, Champagne, Illinois, USA.
- Fried, L., (2011), Teaching teachers about emotion regulation in the classroom. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 36(3), Article 2 - 116-127, Australia.
- Fried, L., (2010), Understanding and Enhancing Emotion and Motivation Regulation Strategy use in the Classroom. The International Journal of Learning, 17(6), 115-129, Australia.
- Konza, D., Michael, M., Fried, L., (2010), From "Learning to Read" to "Reading to Learn": Bridging the Gap. International Journal of the Humanities, 8(6), 115-130, Champaign, Illinois USA.