Dr Elizabeth Stamopoulos
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6192, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML16.210
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6192|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 9370 6690|
Elizabeth is a Senior Lecturer and Researcher in the School of Education in the Faculty of Education and Arts.
- EPA5170 - Leading Early Childhood Pedagogy and Practice (0-8 years)
- EPA5175 - Leading Family and Community in the Early Years (0-8 years)
- ECE5195 - Early Years Education
- ECS4261 - Professional Engagement in Early Childhood Education
- 2001-2014: Early Childhood Australia (National Director, President, Vice-President, Committee Member)
Research Areas and Interests
- Early Childhood Leadership and Change Management
- Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Social Emotional Development
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Professional Teaching Standards
- PhD (Doctoral Degree), Edith Cowan University, 2002 .
- MEd (Master of Education), Edith Cowan University, 1995 .
- BEd (Bachelor of Education), Edith Cowan University, 1979 .
Recent Research Grants
- Development of child and parent centre initiative WA, Department of Education WA, Department of Education - Tender, 2012 - 2013, $45,455.
- An Investigation of Goodstart's Centre-Based Practice and Program Quality Using the National Quality Standards as the Benchmark, with a Focus on Building the Capacity of Early Learning Consultants, Charles Sturt University, Grant - Good Start Early Learning Centre Ltd, 2013, $7,000.
- Development of Kindergarten / Pre-Primary Guidelines for Western Australian Schools, School Curriculum and Standards Authority, Tender, 2012 - 2013, $68,668.
- Building Pedagogical Leadership Capacity in Early Childhood Classroom Teachers, Association of Independent Schools of WA, AISWA - Grant, 2011 - 2012, $99,604.
- Building Pedagogical Knowledge and Leadership Capacity in Long Day Care Centres, Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations, Grant, 2010, $49,817.
- The Identification of Resources to Support Children Learning to Read in the Early Years of School, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2007 - 2008, $47,185.
- The Identification of Resources to Support Children's Social and Emotional Development, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2007 - 2008, $47,185.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Stamopoulos, E., (2012), Reframing Early Childhood Leadership. Australasian Journal of Early Childhood, 37(2), 42-48, Canberra, Australia.