Dr Geoffrey Lummis
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6847, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML17.137
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6847|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 63042344|
- Doctor of Philosophy (Education), Murdoch University, 2002 .
- Master of Education, The University of Western Australia, 1986 .
- Bachelor of Education, The University of Western Australia, 1982 .
- Bachelor of Applied Sciences, Edith Cowan University, 1979 .
- Diploma of Teaching, Churchland Teachers College, 1976 .
Recent Research Grants
- The Burden of Compliance: The Implications and Unintended Consequences for School Leaders, Association of Independent Schools of WA, AISWA - Grant, 2013, $26,230.
- Investigating Building a Career Pathway Using the AITSL Teacher Standards, Association of Independent Schools of WA, AISWA - Grant, 2012, $12,940.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Fetherston, T., Lummis, G., (2012), Why Western Australian Secondary Teachers Resign. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 37(4), 1-20, Australia.
- Lummis, G., (2009), The War on Carbon: Polity and Scientific Literacy. International Journal of the Humanities, 7(5), 77-90, Champaign, IL..
- Lowe, G., Lummis, G., (2013), ACARA and the generalist push: What does it mean for music education from a teacher-training perspective. Redefining the musical landscape: inspired learning and innovation in music education, 125 - 131, Parkville.
Research Student Supervision
- Master of Education, Visual Arts Education: An Expressive-psychoanalytic Approach To The Reconstruction Of Middle Year Males Personal Experience..
- Master of Education, Cultural Hybridity As Expressed In The Artist's Painting; And The Application Of A Transformative - Repair Multicultural Model For Visual Arts Secondary Students..
- Master of Education, Technology In Year 7 Visual Arts Programs: Is It Really Worth It?.
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Graduate-mentor Project In Visual Arts Education .
- Doctor of Philosophy, A Study Into Year 8 Student Motivation To Continue Class Music In Perth, Western Australia..
- Master of Education, Exploring Maori/pakeha Identity (whakapapa) Through Textile Processes.
- Doctor of Philosophy, An Interdisciplinary Intervention: The Potential Of The Orff-schulwerk Approach As A Pedagogical Tool For The Effective Teaching Of Italian To Upper Primary Students In Western Australia..
- Master of Education, Developing A Common Understanding Of A Teacher Competency Framework Through Video Analysis: Experiences Of Middle School Literacy Teachers..
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Processing And Interpretation Of Feedback By Phd Candidates..
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Effect Of Classical Music On Painting Quality: Attitude And Behaviour For Students With Severe Intellectual Disabilities..
- Master of Education, Principles For Designing An Effective, Post-compulsory Music Curriculum Suitable For Western Australia..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Parent-teacher Interactions: A Study Of The Dynamics Of Social Influence..