Dr Jeremy Pagram
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6331, Mobile: 0417 097599, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML16.232
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6331|
- Doctor of Philosophy, Curtin University of Technology, 2000 .
- Master of Education, Curtin University of Technology, 1990 .
- Grad Dip in Educational Computing, Curtin University of Technology, 1988 .
- Bachelor of Education, Western Australian Institute of Technology, 1985 .
- Associate Diploma in Industrial Arts, Western Australian Institute of Technology, 1982 .
- Diploma of Teaching, Nedlands College, 1982 .
Recent Research Grants
- Authentic digital representation of creative works in education: Addressing the challenges of digitisation and assessment., Australian Research Council, Grant - Linkage (Projects), 2011 - 2013, $516,760.
- Culture Pad: Linking indigenous communities to schools and education through the use of mobile and online technologies., Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration Grant - 2014 (Round 1), 2014, $95,250.
- Investigating the feasibility of using digital representations of work for authentic and reliable performance assessment in senior secondary school courses, Australian Research Council, Grant - Linkage (Projects), 2007 - 2010, $714,679.
- Evaluation of the Bush Schools Network (BSN), Catholic Education Office of WA, Grant, 2008 - 2010, $52,000.
- 100 Schools Project, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2003 - 2009, $502,727.
- Digitally based formats for alternative external assessment for post-compulsory courses of study in WA, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2006 - 2007, $60,000.
- Balga Senior High School ICT Evaluation 2006, Balga Senior High School, Grant, 2006 - 2007, .
- Strategic Partnerships in ICT Teacher Development Project, Australian Curriculum Studies Association Inc, Grant, 2005 - 2006, $19,091.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Pagram, J., Williams, J., (2012), Digital Assessment In Secondary Schools: A Western Australian Experience Focusing on a Senior Engineering Course. Journal of Computer Science Technology and Application, 1(1), 14-38, New York USA.
- Cooper, M., Pagram, J., (2009), Online learning materials: How are they being used?. Inti Journal Special issue, n/a(n/a), 48-57, Malaysia.
- Pagram, J., Cooper, M., (2012), Cross-cultural probing: an examination of university student ICT ownership and use of e-learning materials in Thai and Australian Contexts. Conference Proceedings: International Conference - Innovative Research in a Changing and Challenging World, 328-40, Tasmania, Australia.
- Pagram, J., Williams, PJ., (2012), Do you want authenticity with that?: Online practical exams in an engineering course. Australian Compters in Education Conference 2012: Refereed Proceedings , 1-9, Perth, Australia.
- Sari, E., Pagram, J., Newhouse, P., (2012), Go online and have a chat with your colleagues: a new image of teacher professional learning in Indonesia. Australian Computers in Education Conference 2012: Refereed Conference Proceedings, 8, Perth, Australia.
- Pagram, J., Cooper, M., (2011), E-Yearning: An examination of the use and preferences of students using online learning materials. Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Computers in Education ICCE 2011, 712-716, Chiang Mai.
- Pagram, J., Williams, J., (2011), Digital Assessment in Secondary Schools: A Western Australian Experience Focusing on a Senior Engineering Course. Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Computers in Education ICCE 2011, 555-562, Chiang Mai Thailand.
- Awidi, I., Cooper, M., Pagram, J., (2011), Partnership in strategic positioning for e-learning implementation. INTED 2011 Proceedings: 5th International Technology, Education and Development Conference, 5(7-9 March, 2011), 3550-3559, Valencia, Spain.
- Pagram, J., Williams, PJ., (2010), Digital Assessment: A Western Australian experience in a senior secondary engineering course. D&T - Ideas Worth Sharing, 85-92, Warwickshire UK.
- Sari, E., Lim, CP., Pagram, J., (2010), Professional knowledge building in Online Learning Community (OLC): Embracing the unknown future. Curriculum, technology & transformation for an unknown future. Proceedings ascilite Sydney 2010, 864-868, Online.
- Sari, E., Lim, CP., Pagram, J., (2010), Online Learning Community for Teacher Professional Development (OLC4TPD): An Innovative Approach for Supporting In-service Teacher Professional Development Practices in Indonesia. Online - Puslitjaknov Symposium 2010, 24p, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Cooper, M., Pagram, J., (2009), Online Learning materials: How are they being used. Conference Proceedings, 1(nov 16-18), 1-10, Kuching Malaysia.
- Lim, CP., Pagram, J., Nastiti, H., (2009), Professional Development Goes East: Examining Changes in Teachers? Beliefs in Four Indonesian Schools. 2nd International Conference on Teaching and Learning. Conference Proceedings (ICTL 2009), 1(16-18 November ), 9p., Kuching, Malaysia.
- Vonganusith, V., Pagram, J., (2008), Web-based Courses to Support EFL Learning for Pre-service Teachers: A Thai Pilot Study. EDU-COM 2008 International Conference: Sustainability in Higher Education: Directions for Change, 12, Perth.
- Pagram, J., Cooper, M., Campbell, A., (2008), Do You Want Paper With That? Examining How Education Students At Edith Cowan University Use Electronically Delivered Learning Resources. Australian Computers in Education Conference 2008: ACT on IcT, 367-373, Canberra.
- Vonganusith, V., Pagram, J., (2008), Reflections on the Development of a Web-Based Course to Support EFL Learning For Pre-Service Teachers in Thai Rajabhat University: A Case Study. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Science Mathematics and Technology Education: Beyond Cultural Boundaries, 533-542, Perth.
- Pagram, J., Pagram, P., (2008), E-Learning Issues: Probing Pedagogy, Interface and Culture. Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Science Mathematics and Technology Education: Beyond Cultural Boundaries, 391-398, Perth.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, Teacher Professional Development In An Online Learning Community: A Case Study In Indonesia.
- A Small Scale Investigation Into Thai Teachers Teaching English As A Foreign Language In Thai Primary Schools.
- Computers In Education-teaching Learning And Administration: The South African Experience.
- Personal Attributes Of Quality Technical Education And Training Teachers In Singapore.
- Doctor of Education, Adults Learn Differently. A Case Study Of How Adults Are Taught At The Marketing Institute Of Singapore..
- The Use Of Scaffolding Through Think-alouds And Reciprocal Teaching In The Teaching Of Reading Comprehension To Lower Secondary Students In Two Singaporean Schools.
- The Pulse Of Change: E-education And Other Reforming Influences On Vocational Education And Training.
- Cultural Acclimatisation: Foreign Students Studying In A Private Educational Institution In Singapore.
- A Report On The Implementation Of New Technology In A Distance Education Unit At Edith Cowan University.
- Applying The Technology Integration Micro Model (timm) In Higher Education Learning And Teaching Practice.
- Improving The Learning Experience Of External Students, Through The Use Of Multimedia The Web And Tactile Learning Materials.
- Development Of An Instrument, Designed To Determine Pre-primary Teacher?s Attitudes To Computer Use In Their Programs.
- Learning Styles: A Case Study From The United Arab Emirate.
- Education In The Arab-islamic World.
- Doctor of Philosophy, E-learning Implementtion Strategies For An Ict Challenged Environment: Case Of The University Of Ghana, Legon..
- Doctor of Education, What Motivating And Inhibitors Impact On Adults To Participate In Web-based Learning?.
- A Computer-supported Efl Course: A Pilot Study For The Professional Education Of Pre-service Teachers In Higher Education Practice In Thailand.
- Master of Education, Impact Of A Professional Development Program On Teachers? Belief: A Collective Case Study Of Six Indonesian Schools.
- Doctor of Philosophy, A Sociocultural Approach To The Study Of An Ict Curriculum Fro At-risk Students In Singapore.
- Doctor of Education, The Professional Development Of Tourist Police In Thailand: An Investigation Into English Communication Competency..
- Doctor of Philosophy, An Investigation Into The Feasibility Of Using Digital Representations Of Students' Work For Authentic And Reliable Performance Assessment In Applied Information Technology..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Performance Enhancement Of The Task Assessment Process Through The Application Of An Electronic Performance Support System..