Dr Lorraine Hammond
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6540, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML16.120
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6540|
- PhD, Edith Cowan University .
Recent Research Grants
- The impact of a cognitive apprenticeship explicit, direct instruction (EDI) coaching model on teaching practice for literacy learning, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration Grant - 2012 (Round 1), 2014, $76,696.
- Teaching Spelling Explicitly: Supporting Teachers through Coaching, Majella Catholic Primary School, Grant*, 2013, $20,000.
- Strategic Initiatives to Address Teacher Shortages, Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations, Grant, 2008 - 2012, $1,837,500.
- Geographe Grammar School: A Case Study, Swan Christian Education Assn Inc, Grant, 2012, $8,707.
- Literacy project at Moorditj Noongar Community College, The Smith Family, Grant, 2005 - 2007, $28,590.
- Information technology project at Moorditj Noongar Community College, The Smith Family, Grant, 2004 - 2005, $9,090.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Moore, W., Hammond, L., (2010), Using Education Assistants to help pave the road to literacy: Supporting oral language, letter-sound knowledge and phonemic awareness in the pre-primary year. Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties, 99999(1), 1-26, Melbourne, DOI: 10.1080/19404151003763029.
- Hammond, L., (2008), Dyslexia: the brain's capacity to change. Teacher Learning Network, 15(2), 14-15, Abbortsford, VIC, Australia.
- Main, S., Hammond, L., (2008), Best Practice or most practiced? Pre-service teachers' beliefs about effective behaviour management strategies and reported self-efficacy. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 33(4), 28-39, Australia.
- Barrett, E., Hammond, L., (2008), Early childhood education of children with specific language impairments. Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties, 13(2), 145-160, Melbourne, DOI: 10.1080/19404150802389366.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, Exceptional Connections: A Cross-cultural Exploration Of The Actual Teacher Behaviours That Contribute To Positive Relationships With Gifted Secondary Students And Secondary Students With Emotional/behavioural Disorders..
- Master of Education, Preventing Early Literacy Failure: Assessing The Impact Of Embedded-explicit Intruction In Vocabulary And Phonemic Awareness On The Emergent Literacy Skills Of Students With Oral Language Impairment..
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Effect Of Reflex Replication Program On Retained Primary Reflexes, Motor Coordination, Vocabulary, Visual Motor Ability And Rapid Naming In Preprimary Aged Children..