Dr Yvonne Haig
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5491, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO8.226
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5491|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 6304 5850|
- PhD, Edith Cowan University .
Recent Research Grants
- Evaluation of four family literacy projects developed as part of the Better Beginnings program - Project 2 - Cald Program, Department of Culture and the Arts, Dept of Culture and the Arts - Grant, 2011 - 2014, $65,071.
- Evaluation of four family literacy projects developed as part of the Better Beginnings program Project 1 - 4-5 years remote indigenous communities, Department of Culture and the Arts, Dept of Culture and the Arts - Grant, 2011 - 2014, $187,836.
- Focused Intervention for Early Literacy Development, Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations, Grant, 2009 - 2011, $155,143.
- Monitoring the Progress of Early Phase English as a Second Language Learners, Association of Independent Schools of WA, AISWA - Grant, 2008 - 2009, $48,100.
- The Identification of Resources to Support Children Learning to Read in the Early Years of School, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2007 - 2008, $47,185.
- Exploring the Educational needs of African refugee students, Westralian Association of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Grant, 2006 - 2007, $18,682.
- The Identification of Resources to Support Children's Social and Emotional Development, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2007 - 2008, $47,185.
- Tackling Talk: Using action research to investigate the communicative competence of Western Australian School Students, Association of Independent Schools of WA, AISWA - Grant, 2003 - 2006, $109,321.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Anderson, K., Barblett, L., Barratt-Pugh, C., Haig, Y., Leitao, N., (2013), Better Beginnings: Public Libraries making Literacy Links with the Adult Community. Libri.International Journal of Libraries and Information Services, 64(1), 272-281, online, DOI: 10.1515/libri-2013-0022.
- De Jong, T., Cullity, M., Haig, Y., Sharp, S., Spiers, S., Wren, J., (2011), Enabling Group-Based Learning in Teacher Education: A Case Study of Student Experience. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 36(5), 92-105, Perth, Western Australia.
- Oliver, R., Haig, Y., Grote, E., (2009), Addressing the educational challenges faced by African refugee background students: Perceptions of West Australian stakeholders. Tesol in Context, 19(1), 23-38, Australia.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, Investigating The Implementation Of The Indonesian Ktsp (school-based Curriculum) In The Teaching Of Writing In Year Two.
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Classroom Interaction Of Languages Learners: Theory, Practice And Perceptions..
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Acquisition Of Japanese As A Second Language And Processability Theory: A Longitudinal Study Of A Naturalistic Child Learner.