Research Areas and Interests
Associate Professor Ute Mueller
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5272, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO5.208
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5272|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 6304 5811|
Ute is an Associate Professor in Mathematics in the School of Engineering and a member of the Natural Resources Modelling and Simulation Research Group.
- Since 2008: Associate Professor in Mathematics, Edith Cowan University
- 2003-2008: Senior Lecturer in Mathematics, Edith Cowan University
- 1998-2002: Lecturer B in Mathematics, Edith Cowan University
- 1994-1997: Lecturer A in Mathematics, Edith Cowan University
- 1989-1990: Temporary Lecturer in Mathematics, Murdoch University
- 1986-1988: Tutor/Senior Tutor in Mathematics, Murdoch University, Australia
- 1983-1985: Part-time Lecturer in Mathematics, Concordia University, Canada
- 1982-1983: Tutor in Theoretical Physics, Technical University of Clausthal
- 1977-1981: Part-time Tutor in Mathematics, Technical University of Clausthal
- Australian Mathematical Society
- International Association of Mathematical Geology
- Geostatistical Association of Australasia
- Australian Society for Operations Research
- Institution of Engineers, Australia (Companion)
Research Areas and Interests
- Geostatistics, Multivariate Methods,Technology in Mathematics Education
- Applications of geostatistics to health and natural resources data
- PhD, Germany .
- Master of Science, United States of America .
- Master of Science, Germany .
Recent Research Grants
- Boat -based recreational boat fishing activity in Western Australia: a long term profile, Department of Fisheries WA, Grant, 2011 - 2014, $2,407,195.
- Foundational aspects for a research consortium on health, water and landscapes: a database and a learning network, Edith Cowan University, ECU Development Grant, 2013 - 2014, $80,624.
- The use of Geostatistical Simulation in Mine Planning, RIO Tinto (Technological Resources Pty Ltd), Grant, 2006 - 2011, $24,319.
- Space-time analysis of western king prawns, brown tiger prawns and saucer scallops in Shark Bay for improved fisheries management, Fisheries RandD Corporation, Fisheries R&D Corporation - Grant, 2005 - 2009, $196,895.
- Spatiotemporal modelling of the prawn and scallop catch and fishing effort in the Shark Bay fishery in Western Australia, Department of Fisheries WA, Grant, 2003 - 2005, $40,000.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Cannon, JW., Mueller, U., Hornbuckle, J., Larson, A., Simmer, K., Newnham, J., Doherty, D., (2013), Economic implications of poor access to antenatal care in rural and remote Western AustralianAboriginal communities: an individual sampling model of pregnancy. European Journal of Operations Research, 226(2), 313-324.
- Grunsky, EC., Mueller, U., Corrigan, D., (2013), A study of the lake sediment geochemistry of the Melville Peninsula using multivariatemethods: Applications for predictive geological mapping. Journal of Geochemical Exploration, 2013(n/a), 29, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gexplo.2013.07.013.
- Mueller, U., Kangas, M., Sporer, E., Caputi, N., (2012), Variability in the spatial and temporal distribution of the saucer scallop, Amusium balloti, in Shark Bay-management implications. Marine and Freshwater Research, 63(11), 1152-1164, Australia, DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1071/MF12051.
- Mueller, U., Ferreira, J., (2012), The U-Wedge Transformation Method for Mutlivariate Geostatistical Simulation. Mathematical Geosciences, 44(4), 427-448, DOI: 10.1007/s11004-012-9384-7.
- Aboagye-Sarfo, P., Cross, J., Mueller, U., (2010), Trend analysis and short-term forecast of incident HIV infection in Ghana. African Journal of AIDS Research, 9(2), 165-173, South Africa, DOI: 10.2989/16085906.2010.517485.
- Tolosana-Delgado, R., Mueller, U., Van Den Boogaart, KG., Ward, C., (2013), Block Cokriging of a whole composition. Conference Proceedings/36th APCOM International Symposium on the Applications of Computers and Operations Research in the Mineral Industry, 12p..
- Tolosana-Delgado, R., Mueller, U., Van Den Boogaart, KG., Ward, C., (2013), Compositional Block Kriging for Geometallurgical Optimization. 23rd World Mining Congress 2013 Proceedings, 13p., Canada.
- Ward, C., Mueller, U., (2013), Compositions, Log Ratios and Bias - From Grade Contol to Resource Definition. Iron Ore Conference, 313-319.
- Ward, C., Mueller, U., (2012), Multivariate Estimation using Log-Ratios: A Worked Alternative. Geostatistics Oslo 2012, 333-344, Dordrecht.
- Appiah, S., Mueller, U., Cross, J., (2011), Spatio-temporal modelling of malaria incidence for evaluation of public health policy interventions in Ghana, West Africa. MODSIM2011, 19th International Congress on Modelling and Simulation, 676-682.
- Mueller, U., Ferreira, J., (2011), Multivariate Geostatistical Simulation via Joint Approximate Diagonalisation ? A Case Study. Proceedings of the 35th APCOM Symposium, 217-230.
- Denham, A., Mueller, U., (2010), Incorporating survey data to improve space-time geostatistical analysis of king-prawn catch rate. geoENV VII - Geostatistics for environmental Applications. Proceedings of the seventh European conference on geostatistics for environmental applications, 16 Quantitative Geology and Geostatistics(10/9/2008), 13-26, Dordrecht, DOI: 10.1007/978-90-481-2322-3.
- Bandarian, E., Mueller, U., Ferreira, J., Richardson, S., (2010), Transformation Methods for Multivariate Geostatistical Simulation - Minimum/Maximum Autocorrelation Factors and Alternating Columns Diagonal Centres. Advances in Orebody Modelling and Strategic Mine Planning 1: Old and New Dimensions in a Changing World, 17(16-18 March 2009), 79-89, Carlton Victoria Australia.
- Shao, C., Mueller, U., Cross, J., (2009), Area-to-point Poisson kriging analysis for lung cancer in Perth areas. Proceedings of the 18th World IMACS Congress and MODSIM09 International Congress on Modelling and Simulation, 178-184, Christchurch, N.Z..
- Aboagye-Sarfo, P., Cross, J., Mueller, U., (2009), Application of Intervention Analysis to Incidence Cases of HIV Infection in Ghana. 57th Session of the International Statistical Institute. ISI 2009 Proceedings, 5p..
- Mueller, U., (2009), Geostatistics: A Mathematical youngster. Mathematics: It's mine. Proceedings of the 22nd Biennial Conference of The Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers, 17-25, Adelaide, South Australia.
Research Student Supervision
- Master of Science (Mathematics and Planning), The Simulation Of Material Types In A Western Australian Iron Deposit..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Approaches To The Spatial Modeling Of Cancer Incidence And Mortality In Metropolitan Perth, Western Australia, 1990- 2005.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Geostatistical Spatiotemporal Modelling With Application To The Shark Bay Managed Prawn Fishery..
- Master of Science (Mathematics and Planning), Goestatistical Methods For Estimating Iron, Silica And Alumina Grades Within The Hardcap Of The Section Seven Iron Deposit, Tom Price.
- Master of Science (Mathematics and Planning), Plurigaussian Simulation Of Rocktypes Using Data From A Gold Mine In Western Australia..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Linear Transformation Methods For Multivariate Geostatistical Simulation.
- Master of Science (Environmental Management), The Western Australian Charter Industry: Working Towards Long Term Sustainability .
- Doctor of Philosophy, Time Series Analysis Of Hiv Incidence Cases In Ghana: Trends, Predictions And Impact Of Interventions.