Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5582, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO5.216
Octavian is a Senior Lecturer in Engineering within the School of Engineering.
- Propagation and Antennas
- Signals and Systems
- Electrical Engineering
- Power Systems
- 2009–present: Senior Lecturer, School of Engineering, ECU
- 2006–2009: Lecturer, School of Engineering, James Cook University, Townsville QLD
- 2004–2005 & 2001–2002: Research Fellow, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- 2003–2004: Research Fellow, Utsunomiya University, Japan
- 2003: Research Fellow, The University of Hull, UK
- 1998–2001: Research Fellow, Computer Science and Automation Institute, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- 1996–1998: Assistant Lecturer, "Politehnica" University of Timisoara, Romania
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), Senior Member
Awards and Recognition
- Best Paper Award: D.I. Curiac, O. Banias, F. Dragan, C. Volosencu and O.Dranga, "Malicious Node Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks Using an Autoregression Technique," Third International Conference on Networking and Services (ICNS 2007), Athens, Greece, June 2007.
- Best Paper Award: J. Hamar, I. Nagy, H. Funato, S. Ogasawara, O. Dranga and Y. Nishida, "Virtual Power Electronics: Novel Software Tools for Design, Modeling and Education," The Fourth Power Conversion Conference (PCC Nagoya 2007), Nagoya, Japan, pp. 502-509, April 2007.
Research Areas and Interests
- Renewable energy sources
- Smart grid technologies
- Nonlinear dynamics and chaos in power electronics