The Population Health Research Group was founded with the aim to:
- draw together researchers in the broader population health domain, including public health, epidemiology, addiction studies, adult health promotion, occupational and environmental safety and health and health services management;
- foster and develop a collaborative research ethos among Public Health staff and post graduate students within the Population Health domain;
- consolidate research and RAI funds into one account that can be used for the activities of the group.
- assist new researchers to develop a research profile; and
- seek out funding opportunities and apply for external research grants.