Associate Professor Sue Reed
- Occupational hygiene units
Initially qualified as a Textile Engineer in 1976 then moved into a Noise Engineer position in 1979 before taking a position as an Occupational Hygienist in 1981. Commenced working as an academic in 1987 and as a consultant to a range of industries ever since.
- AIOH, SIA, AAS, BOHS, ACGIH, ABIH
Awards and Recognition
- Currently a certified occupational hygienist (AIOH)
- Currently a certified industrial hygienist (ABIH)
Research Areas and Interests
- Indoor Air Monitoring, Health of Dairy Workers, Silica Exposures in Mining Industry, Skin Exposures.
- Dust and noise exposures in dairy industry, Silica exposures in miners, Methods of monitoring for viable mould.
- PhD (Doctoral Degree), University of Western Sydney, 2001 .
- MSc (Master of Science), United Kingdom, 1989 .
- MEngSc (Master of Engineering Science), The University of New South Wales, 1981 .
- BA BSc (Bach of Arts/Bachelor of Science), The University of New South Wales, 1977 .
Research Student Supervision
- Ecaluation Of The Impact Of Indoor Smoking Bans On Air Quality In Australian Licensed Clubs.
- Assessment Of Effective Impementation Of Respirator Programs In Industry.
- Exposure To Dusts And Bioaerosols In The Shgeep Shearing Industry In Eastern Nsw.