Associate Professor Sue Reed
|Telephone:||(61 8) 0863042243|
- Occupational hygiene units
Initially qualified as a Textile Engineer in 1976 then moved into a Noise Engineer position in 1979 before taking a position as an Occupational Hygienist in 1981. Commenced working as an academic in 1987 and as a consultant to a range of industries ever since.
- AIOH, SIA, AAS, BOHS, ACGIH, ABIH
Awards and Recognition
- Currently a certified occupational hygienist (AIOH)
- Currently a certified industrial hygienist (ABIH)
Research Areas and Interests
- Indoor Air Monitoring, Health of Dairy Workers, Silica Exposures in Mining Industry, Skin Exposures.
- Dust and noise exposures in dairy industry, Silica exposures in miners, Methods of monitoring for viable mould.
- PhD (Doctoral Degree), University of Western Sydney, 2001 .
- MSc (Master of Science), United Kingdom, 1989 .
- MEngSc (Master of Engineering Science), The University of New South Wales, 1981 .
- BA BSc (Bach of Arts/Bachelor of Science), The University of New South Wales, 1977 .
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Reed, S., Pisaniello, D., Benke, G., Burton, K., (2013), Principles of Occupational Health and Hygiene: An Introduction., 518, Sydney Australia.
- Pisaniello, D., Morris, H., Rajan, B., Reed, S., (2013), Emerging and Evolving Issues. Principles of Occupational Health and Hygiene: An Introduction, 484-507, Sydney Australia.
- Reed, S., Shepherd, M., (2013), Indoor Air Quality. Principles of Occupational Health & Hygiene: An Introduction, 275-305, Crows Nest, NSW, Australia.
- Reed, S., Douphrate, DI., Lundqvist, P., Jarvie, P., McLean, G., Koehncke, N., Colosio, C., Singh, T., (2013), Occupational Health and Safety Regulations in the Dairy Industry. Journal of Agromedicine, 18(3), 210?218, DOI: 10.1080/1059924X.2013.796902.
- Gaskin, S., Pisaniello, D., Edwards, J., Bromwich, D., Reed, S., Logan, M., Baxter, C., (2013), Chlorine and hydrogen cyanide gas interactions with human skin: In vitro studies to inform skin permeation and decontamination in HAZMAT incidents. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 262(n/a), 759-765, St. Louis, MO.
- Reynolds, SJ., Nonnenmann, MW., Basinas, I., Davidson, M., Elfman, L., Gordon, J., Kirychuck, S., Reed, S., Schaeffer, JW., Schenker, MB., Schlunssen, V., Sigsgaard, T., (2013), Systematic Review of Respiratory Health Among Dairy Workers. Journal of Agromedicine, 18(3), 219?243, DOI: 10.1080/1059924X.2013.797374.
- Hedges, K., Reed, S., Mulley, R., Djukic, F., (2013), An assessment of exposures to respirable crystalline silica and the impact on lung function among quarry workers in Queensland. Journal of Health and Safety, Research and Practice, 5(1), 17-23, Gladstone Park, Victoria, Australia.
- Douphrate, DI., Stallones, L., Kolstrup, CL., Nonnenmann, MW., Pinzke, S., Hagevoort, GR., Lundqvist, P., Jakob, M., Xiang, H., Xue, L., Jarvie, P., McCurdy, SA., Reed, S., Lower, T., (2013), Work-Related Injuries and Fatalities on Dairy Farm Operations - A Global Perspective. Journal of Agromedicine, 18(3), 256?264, DOI: 10.1080/1059924X.2013.796904.
- Gaskin, S., Pisaniello, D., Edwards, JW., Bromwich, D., Reed, S., Logan, M., Baxter, C., (2013), Application of skin contamination studies of ammonia gas for management of hazardous material incidents. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 252-253(N/A), 338-346, Amsterdam, Netherlands, DOI: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2013.02.048.
- Reed, S., Whitelaw, J., (2012), Comparison of OHS course accreditation procedures in Australia. 30th Annual Conference & Exhibition of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists Inc: 2012 Conference Proceedings, 102-107.
- Reed, S., Cusbert, S., Reed, M., Du Toit, V., (2012), Dust and noise levels in a teaching podiatry laboratory. 30th Annual Conference & Exhibition of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists Inc: 2012 Conference Proceedings, 154-164.
Research Student Supervision
- Ecaluation Of The Impact Of Indoor Smoking Bans On Air Quality In Australian Licensed Clubs.
- Assessment Of Effective Impementation Of Respirator Programs In Industry.
- Exposure To Dusts And Bioaerosols In The Shgeep Shearing Industry In Eastern Nsw.