Dr Celia Wilkinson
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 2597|
- Teaching addiction studies units at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Celia has worked in the addiction area for over twenty years and has extensive teaching experience in the alcohol and other drug field. Prior to her employment at ECU she was the Manager of Workforce Development at the WA Drug and Alcohol Office, the State Government authority responsible for responding to alcohol and other drugs. She has previously worked as a research psychologist, a research associate, a counsellor and as an educator and is also currently an Adjunct Senior Research Fellow at the National Drug Research Institute, Curtin University of Technology.
Awards and Recognition
- 2004-2008: Recipient of Australian Postgraduate Scholarship Award
- 2006: Post Graduate Student prize awarded by the Injury Control Council of WA
Research Areas and Interests
- Alcohol and other drug use amongst older Australians
- alcohol labelling
- drug education
- Doctor of Philosophy, Curtin University of Technology, 2008 .
- Master of Science, Curtin University of Technology, 1991 .
- Bachelor of Arts, The University of Newcastle, 1986 .
Recent Research Grants
- An exploration of how social context and type of living arrangement are linked to alcohol consumption amongst older Australians, Alcohol Education and Rehabilitation Foundation Ltd, Grant, 2011, $16,000.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Wilkinson, C., Lintzeris, N., Haber, P., (2009), Older people. Guidelines for the treatment of alcohol problems, 229, Canberra.
- Wilkinson, C., Allsop, S., Chikritzhs, T., (2011), Alcohol pouring practices among 65- to 74-year-olds in Western Australia. Drug and Alcohol Review, 30(2), 200-206, DOI: 10.1111/j.1465-3362.2010.00218.x.
- Dare, J., Wilkinson, C., Rai, T., (2011), The forgotten Australians: An investigation of alcohol use amongst senior citizens. Drug and Alcohol Review, 30(SUPP 1), 22.
- Wilkinson, C., Dare, J., Waters, S., Allsop, S., McHale, S., (2011), Bottoms up! Older Australians: an investigation of the association between alcohol use and social context. Drug and Alcohol Review, 30(1), 90.
- Helfgott, S., Wilkinson, C., (2011), What's in a word? recovery: critical differences in views on recovery between the mental health and AOD fields. Drug and Alcohol Review, 30(SUPP1), 38-38.