Dr Leesa Costello
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5459, Email: L.firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO19.391
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5459|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 6304 5449|
- Doctor of Philosophy, Edith Cowan University .
- Master of Business, Edith Cowan University, 2004 .
- Bachelor of Business, Edith Cowan University, 2000 .
Recent Research Grants
- Finding 30 in 9 to 5 (9305), HBF Health Limited, Grant, 2012 - 2013, $27,675.
- Developing Guidelines for Integrating Social Networking Technologies and Professional Advice-Giving in Constructing an Online Community for Supporting Breast Cancer Survivors, Australian Research Council, Grant - Linkage (Projects), 2009 - 2013, $535,600.
- Construction of the subject as heart patient in the context of the gift economy, Australian Research Council, Grant - Linkage (APAI), 2007 - 2010, $278,768.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the School Drug Education and Road Aware Program 2008-2011, School Drug Education and Road Aware, Grant, 2008 - 2011, $518,420.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Bradshaw, V., Witney, C., Green, L., Costello, L., (2012), Embodying knowledge of breast cancer in a disembodied community?. M/C Journal, 15(4), n/a, http://journal.media-culture.org.au/index.php/mcjournal/issue/view/embody.
- Dyer, J., Costello, L., Martin, P., (2010), Social support online: Benefits and barriers to participation in an Internet support group for heart patients. The Australian Community Psychologist, 22(1), 48-63, Melbourne, Australia.
- Green, L., Costello, L., Dare, J., (2010), Veganism, health expectancy, and the communication of sustainability. Australian Journal of Communication, 37(3), 51-72, St Lucia, Brisbane, Queensland.
- Green, L., Costello, L., (2009), Fractures between an online and offline community (and the ethical responses). International Journal of Web Based Communities, 5(3), 462-475, United Kingdom.
- Costello, L., Henley, N., (2008), A Drop in the Bucket: Collective Efficacy Perceptions and Environmental Behaviour. Australian Journal of Social Issues, 43(3), 345-358, Australia.
- Costello, L., Witney, C., Green, L., Bradshaw, V., (2012), Self-revelation in an online health community: Exploring issues around co-presence for vulnerable members. Refereed Proceedings of the Australian and New Zealand Communication Assocation (ANZCA) Conference: Communicating Change and Changing Communication in the 21st Century, 12.
- Witney, C., Green, L., Costello, L., Bradshaw, V., (2012), Building an online community in the context of an existing social network site. Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Cultural Attitudes Towards Technology and Communication 2012 (CATAC), 270-283.
- Costello, L., Green, L., (2012), Reflecting upon the challenges of building online community, or: "a techie's guide to the help dummies need'. Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Cultural Attitudes towards Technology and Communication (CATaC) 2012, 359-371, Perth, Australia.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, Socio-cultural Factors Influencing Male Involvement In Reproductive Health During Pregnancy, Childbirth And Postnatal Period In Rural Disctricts Of Malawi..