Dr Shelley Beatty
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5602|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 6304 5449|
- Master of Public Health, Curtin University of Technology .
- Postgraduate Diploma (With Distinction), Curtin University of Technology .
- Bachelor of Education, Curtin University of Technology .
- Teachers Higher Certificate, Other WA higher ed institution .
- Doctor of Philosophy, Curtin University of Technology, 2003 .
Recent Research Grants
- Integrated early years services, Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, Grant, 2011, $8,730.
- Maximising parent involvement in school-based bullying interventions, Healthway (WA Health Promotion Foundation), Grant, 2004, $99,169.
- Adolescent grief research to create a prevention strategy to address the needs of youth experiencing grief or who may experience grief as an adolescent, Healthway (WA Health Promotion Foundation), Grant, 2004, $26,400.
- Transadaption of successful cigarette smoking intervention to randomised school-based cannabis intervention trial., Healthway (WA Health Promotion Foundation), Grant, 2004, $91,352.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Beatty, S., Allsop, S., (2009), Reducing Drug-related Harm: What the Evidence Tells Us., 256, East Hawthorn, Victoria.
- Saaka, M., Oosthuizen, J., Beatty, S., (2009), Effect of prenatal zinc supplementation on birthweight. Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, 27(5), 619-631, Bangladesh.
- Saaka, M., Oosthuizen, J., Beatty, S., (2009), Effect of joint Iron and Zinc supplementation on malarial infection and anaemia. East African Journal of Public Health, 6(1), 55-62, Tanzania, United Republic of.
- Beatty, S., Cross, D., Shaw, T., (2008), The impact of a parent-directed intervention on parent-child communication about tobacco and alcohol. Drug and Alcohol Review, 27(6), 591-601, DOI: 10.1080/09595230801935698.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Nature And Extent Of The Influence Of Occupational Culture On Aod Use Amongst Airline Pilots.
- Effect Of Prenatal Zinc Supplementation On Malaria Morbidity, Pregnancy Anaemia And Birth Weight.
- Master of Public Health, A Formative Study To Develop And Test A Heath Promotion Stategy For Adolescents Who Experience Grief..
- Master of Public Health, Comparative Assessment Of The Effectiveness Of Online Vs Paper Based Courses For Occupational And Environmental Safety And Health..
- The Effect Of Education And Dispositional Variables On The Attitudes Towards Harm Minimisation Among Undergraduate University Students.