The Indigenous Consultative Committee (ICC) provides high level advice to the Equity Committee (a senior management committee of the University) on matters which impact on Edith Cowan University’s service provision, outcomes and reputation in relation to Indigenous Australians.
The ICC provides a forum for ensuring input into senior-level decision-making by Indigenous community members, as well as Indigenous Australian staff and students of the University.
Membership of the Committee is made up of:
- Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Equity & Indigenous)
- Head, Kurongkurl Katitjin, Centre for Indigenous Australian Education and Research
- A member from the Indigenous Australian staff of ECU’s Faculty of Regional Professional Studies (FRPS)
- A member from ECU’s Indigenous Australian staff (excluding Indigenous Australian staff from FRPS)
- An Indigenous Australian student currently studying at ECU
- Five Indigenous Australian community members from regions within the State of Western Australia*
- One Indigenous Australian community member from the Metropolitan area *
*Every effort will be made to ensure that one community member is from the Western Australian Public Sector and one community member is from a recognised major company operating in Western Australia with a strong public allegiance to Indigenous Australian issues.