Event - Miyaal Djinda: Looking at Stars
Wednesday, 29 February 2012
Edith Cowan University invites staff, students and members of the community to attend a unique cultural event featuring ECU’s Elder- in-Residence and Cultural Ambassador Dr Noel Nannup.
Guests will explore the rich Nyoongar heritage of Joondalup, including the significance of the name and its connection to the Milky Way.
Additionally, to coincide with optimal viewing of the Milky Way and the absence of the moon, guests will also be able to view the night sky up close and personal through telescopes provided by Richard Tonello of Astronomy Education Services.
This is an event not to be missed. There are limited places, so be quick!
Miyaal Djinda: Looking at Stars
Date: Friday, 23 March 2012
Time: 7.00pm to 9.00pm
Location: Building 32,
Edith Cowan University, Joondalup Campus,
270 Joondalup Drive, Joondalup
Tickets: $20.00 + GST (Price includes presentation by Noel Nannup, access to telescopes and light refreshments)
Event Terms and Conditions
- Guests are reminded that ECU is now a smoke-free University. This includes all grounds, ovals, parks, car parks and undercover areas. Unfortunately, there are no designated smoking areas.
- Photographs will be taken at the event for use on the ECU website and ECU publications. Please notify the photographer if you do not wish to have your photo taken.
- While light refreshments (such as tea, coffee and fruit) are included in the ticket price, guests are welcome to bring their own picnics. However, alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- There is no pre-allocated seating and guests are encouraged to bring blankets or their preferred form of seating for a night under the stars.
- There are limited tickets available and are offered on a first come, first served basis. Guests may purchase up to four (4) tickets per transaction.
- Tickets are only available to purchase online with a valid credit card. Refunds are only given if the event is cancelled. However, tickets are transferrable to another person.
By purchasing tickets, you agree to the above terms and conditions.
Unfortunately this event has sold out. Please sign up to our newsletter if you wish to be informed of future events.
Tickets will be mailed out on Friday 16 March 2012. Any tickets purchased after this date, can be collected on the night with proof of purchase.