AIME Program Manager at ECU
Friday, 09 November 2012
An exciting opportunity exists for an Indigenous university graduate or current student to work for AIME as a Program Manager/Coordinator, based at ECU. AIME is expanding to Western Australia in 2013 and looking for Indigenous talent to join its young, fun and dynamic team.
AIME are currently looking for a Program Manager/Program Coordinator to organise and deliver their programs to young Indigenous kids. This person will communicate and embody Indigenous success, be a role model, be a leader in a community of people that connect with AIME and the safe space AIME provides to grow, develop and succeed.
AIME is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a dynamic educational Program, giving Indigenous high school students the skills, opportunities, belief and confidence to finish school at the same rate as their peers.
AIME has proven to dramatically improve the chances of Indigenous kids finishing school, and has helped connect students with post year 12 opportunities, including further education and employment.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Delivery of the AIME Program at the highest standard.
- Recruit, select and build the highest quality of relationships with Mentors.
- Work closely with local schools and relevant members of the Indigenous community.
- Consolidate data and attendance from all sessions.
- Build strong relationships with university contacts.
- Building Indigenous and non-Indigenous community connect points, and maintain relevant contact database.
- Recruit, train and manage assistant staff members.
- Ensure relevant child protection screening and AIME training completion by each Mentor.
- Work with and report back to the Communications and Operations Manager.
- Ensure legally approved Mentors are fully trained, informed and equipped to carry out their role effectively and efficiently, and receive regular communication updates via AIME communication processes.
- Engage at least 100 university Mentors and 100 Mentees in the AIME Program at your university site.
- Increase year 10 and year 12 completion rates and university admission rates for students involved in the Program at your site.
- Help to build the best graduate development program for university students at your site.
- Work closely with the other units in the AIME team to ensure all staff are connected to the program on the ground and it’s daily successes.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit the AIME website, then click on the job title and enter your details, or contact Diane Estephan:
Telephone: 0487 400 346