We recognise the importance of publishing our work. Not only is it good practice, but our research also makes a unique contribution to the knowledge base about Indigenous issues.
Much of our effort over the past two years has been in conducting research rather than the publishing of our research findings. However, a small number of publications were produced.
In addition to publishing the findings of some of our work, a number of reports were produced. These reports signify the successful completion of respective research projects.
- Hayward, C., McAullay, D. & Monteiro, H., Evaluation of the Dare to Dream Program: Roebourne; Report to the David Wirrpanda Foundation and the Rio Tinto WA Futures Fund, October 2010.
- Lee, L., Malone, S. & Midford, R. Evaluation Report Dampier Peninsula Prevention Project, Report to the AER Foundation Ltd., March 2010.
- Velander, F., Schineanu, A. & Midford, R. (2010) Attitudes and knowledge of alcohol related harm minimisation initiatives in a rural Australian city: a baseline survey, Drugs: Education, Prevention and Policy, 17,4: 354-369.*
- Midford, R., Young, D., Chikritzhs, T., Playford, D., Kite, E. & Pascal, R. (2010) The effect of alcohol sales and advertising restrictions on a remote Australian community. Drugs: Education, Prevention and Policy, 17,1: 21-41.*
- Midford, R. (2010) Drug prevention programs for young people: where have we been and where should we be going?, Invited commentary, Addiction, 105,10: 1688-1695.*
- Ride K. & Thomson, N. (2010) Summary of Indigenous health: cardiovascular health status. Aboriginal and Islander Health Worker Journal; 34(1): 7-10*
- Burns, J., Maling, CM. & Thomson, N (2010) Summary of Indigenous women’s health. Australian Indigenous HealthReviews; number 2, May 2010
- Burns, J., Maling, CM. & Thomson, N (2010) Summary of Indigenous women’s health status. Aboriginal and Islander Health Worker Journal; 34(5): 26-29*
- Thomson, N., Midford, R., Debuyst, O. & MacRae, A. (2010) Review of Indigenous male health. Australian Indigenous HealthBulletin; 10(4)*
- Boyle T, Shepherd CCJ, Pearson G, Monteiro H, McAullay D, Economo K, Stewart S. Awareness and impact of the ‘Bubblewrap’ advertising campaign among Aboriginal smokers in Western Australia. Tobacco Control. Published Online First: 3 December 2009*
- Monteiro, H., Hayward, C. & McAullay, D., Evaluation of Indigenous Hip Hop Projects; Report to beyondblue: the National Depression Initiative, November 2009.
- Urquhart B, Thomson N (2009) Review of the misuse of kava among Indigenous Australians. Australian Indigenous HealthBulletin; 9(3): online review (http://healthbulletin.org.au/articles/review-of-the-misuse-of-kava-among-indigenous-people/)*
- Thomson N (2009) Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet: building the evidence base for Indigenous health policy and practice. Public Administration Today, January-March: 33-41
- Midford, R., Young, D., Chikritzhs, T., Playford, D. Kite E. & Pascal, R. The effect of alcohol sales and advertising restrictions on a remote Australian community. Drugs: Education, Prevention and Policy , published electronically 30 Jan 2009*
- Partington, G., Galloway, A., Sibbel, J., Gower, G., Gray, J., Goh, K. & Grote, E., Longitudinal Study of Student Retention and Success in High School (Follow the Dream/ Partnerships for Success); Report to Australian Research Council & WA Department of Education, December 2009.
- Galloway, A., Byrne, M., Gower, G. & Partington, G., Effective Test Literacy Strategies for Aboriginal Students; Report to WA Aboriginal Education & Training Council, 2009.
- Burrow, S., Galloway, A. & Weissofner, N. (2009) Review of educational and other approaches to hearing loss among Indigenous people. Australian Indigenous HealthBulletin 9(2).*
- Gerrans, P., Clarke-Murphy, M., & Truscott, K. (in press) Financial literacy & superannuation awareness of Indigenous Australians: Pilot study results. Australian Journal of Social Issues.*
* Peer reviewed