Professor Colleen Hayward AM
PVC (Equity and Indigenous) and Head of Centre
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6773, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML15.122
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6773|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 9370 6055|
- Bachelor of Education, Murdoch University.
- Diploma of Teaching, Other WA higher ed institution.
Recent Research Grants
- Reform Rationalisation Reinvestment Project, Department of Aboriginal Affairs WA, Grant, 2015 - 2016, $180,740.
- Evaluation of four family literacy projects developed as part of the Better Beginnings program Project 1 - 4-5 years remote indigenous communities, Department of Culture and the Arts, Dept of Culture and the Arts - Grant, 2012 - 2016, $187,836.
- Synergies of Meaning: A documentary film series exploring the relationship and unity between traditional Indigenous Noongar knowledge and western natural and social scientific knowledge., Lotterywest, Grant, 2014 - 2015, $171,541.
- Research a design and implement an evaluation of the Rural In-Reach program, Women's Health Care Association Inc, Grant, 2012 - 2015, $31,817.
- Provision of Advisory and Research Services Category 2: Specialist Advice And/Or Research on Aboriginal Matters, Commissioner for Children and Young People WA, Tender, 2013 - 2015, $40,000.
- Evaluation of four family literacy projects developed as part of the Better Beginnings program Project 3 - Better Beginnings - 6-9 Years, Department of Culture and the Arts, Dept of Culture and the Arts - Grant, 2012 - 2014, $57,884.
- Evaluation of four family literacy projects developed as part of the Better Beginnings program - Project 2 - Cald Program, Department of Culture and the Arts, Dept of Culture and the Arts - Grant, 2012 - 2014, $65,071.
- One Life WA Suicide Prevention Strategy, Centrecare (Inc), Grant - WA Suicide Prevention Strategy, 2011 - 2014, $1,000,000.
- Evaluation of the Better Beginnings Plus Pilot 2010, State Library of WA, Grant, 2010 - 2013, $134,306.
- Facilitators to Develop and Maintain School Community Partnership Agreements within Aboriginal Innovation Schools, Department of Education WA, Department of Education - Tender, 2012 - 2013, $40,455.
- Engaging Aboriginal Children and their teachers with science, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2011 - 2012, $62,157.
- Creating cultural empathy and challenging attitudes through Indigenous narratives, Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations, Novated ALTC Grant, 2010 - 2012, $351,816.
- Stronger Smarter Learning Communities Regional Research Partner Teams, Queensland University of Technology, Grant, 2010 - 2011, $134,589.
- Communication difficulties after stroke in Indigenous Australians: Issues and attitudes, Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies, AIATSIS - Grant, 2010 - 2011, $35,541.
- Bridging the gap between cultural practices and mainstream visitor management approaches to develop an integrated monitoring framework for Australia's northwest , Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2010 - 2011, $73,559.
- Evaluation of the Performance of the Indigenous Hip Hop Program, Beyond Blue - National Depression Initiative, Grant, 2009 - 2010, $44,871.
- Research Evaluation of the Dare to Dream Program Roebourne, David Wirrpanda Foundation, Grant, 2010, $15,300.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Perso, T., Hayward, C., (2015), Teaching Indigenous Students - Cultural awareness and classroom strategies for improving learning outcomes., 304, Melbourne, Victoria.
- Armstrong, B., Hersh, D., Katzenellenbogen, J., Coffin, J., Thompson, S., Ciccone, N., Hayward, C., Flicker, L., Woods, D., McAllister, M., (2015), Study Protocol: Missing Voices - Communication difficulties after stroke and traumatic brain injury in Aboriginal Australians. Brain Impairment, Early online(Early online), 1-12, Cambridge, United Kingdom, DOI: 10.1017/BrImp.2015.15.
- Armstrong, B., Hersh, D., Hayward, C., Fraser, J., (2014), Communication disorders after stroke in Aboriginal Australians. Disability and Rehabilitation, Early Online(Early Online), 1 - 8, DOI: DOI: 10.3109/09638288.2014.972581.
- Armstrong, B., Hersh, D., Hayward, C., Fraser, J., Brown, M., (2012), Living with aphasia: Three Indigenous Australian stories. International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 14(3), 271-280, DOI: 10.3109/17549507.2011.663790.
- Armstrong, B., Hersh, D., Hayward, C., Fraser, J., Brown, M., (2012), Living with aphasia: Three Indigenous Australian stories. International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 14(Sunday 26 ? Wednesday 29 June, 2011), 271-280, United Kingdom, DOI: 10.3109/17549507.2011.663790.