Professor Colleen Hayward AM
PVC (Equity and Indigenous)
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6773|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 9370 6055|
- Bachelor of Education, Murdoch University .
- Diploma of Teaching, Other WA higher ed institution .
Recent Research Grants
- Stronger Smarter Learning Communities Regional Research Partner Teams, Queensland University of Technology, Grant, 2011, $87,483.
- Engaging Aboriginal Children and their teachers with science, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2011, $9,091.
- Creating cultural empathy and challenging attitudes through Indigenous narratives, Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations, Novated ALTC Grant, 2011, $108,901.
- One Life WA Suicide Prevention Strategy, Centrecare (Inc), Grant - WA Suicide Prevention Strategy, 2011, $167,000.
- Evaluation of the Performance of the Indigenous Hip Hop Program, Beyond Blue - National Depression Initiative, Grant(**), 2010, $49,358.
- Bridging the gap between cultural practices and mainstream visitor management approaches to develop an integrated monitoring framework for Australia's northwest, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant(**), 2010, $5,000.
- Creating cultural empathy and challenging attitudes through Indigenous narratives, Australian Learning and Teaching Council, Grant(**), 2010, $111,099.
- Stronger Smarter Learning Communities Regional Research Partner Teams, Queensland University of Technology, Grant(**), 2010, $47,106.
- The Evaluation of Better Beginnings +, State Library of WA, Grant(**), 2010, $36,022.
- Research Evaluation of the Dare to Dream Program Roebourne, David Wirrpanda Foundation, Grant(**), 2010, $15,300.
- Communication difficulties after stroke in Indigenous Australians: Issues and attitudes, Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies, AIATSIS - Grant(**), 2010, $35,541.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Zubrick, SR., Silburn, S., Lawrence, D., Shepherd, C., Mitrou, F., De Maio, J., Dalby, R., Griffin, J., Pearson, G., Hayward, C., (2008), The Western Australian Aboriginal Child Health Survey: Are there any policy implications?. Contexts of child development : culture, policy and intervention, 59-72, Australia .
- Armstrong, B., Hersh, D., Hayward, C., Fraser, J., Brown, M., (2012), Living with aphasia: Three Indigenous Australian stories. International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 14(3), 271-280, DOI: 10.3109/17549507.2011.663790.