Mr Graeme Gower
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6558, Mobile: 0417 934 784, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML15.109
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6558|
|Mobile:||0417 934 784|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 9370 6055|
- Post Grad Dip of Education, Edith Cowan University, 1993 .
- Bachelor of Education, Edith Cowan University, 1986 .
- Diploma of Teaching, Edith Cowan University, 1979 .
Recent Research Grants
- Food for learning: Impact of the WA Healthy Food for All program in low SES schools, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration Grant - 2014 (Round 1), 2013 - 2014, $70,061.
- Engaging Aboriginal Children and their teachers with science, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2011 - 2012, $62,157.
- Review of Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer Program, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2008 - 2010, $268,329.
- High Achievers' Science Program for Aboriginal Students, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2008 - 2011, $72,606.
- Effective Science Program Delivery for Remote Area Schools, Scitech, Grant, 2008, $7,273.
- Effective Test Literacy Strategies for Aboriginal Student Success in the Western Australian Literacy and Numeracy Assessment, Aboriginal Education and Training Council, Grant, 2008, $33,705.
- Continued detailed recording of culturally significant Aboriginal sites in Southwestern Australia as a guide to Noongar use of country, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2005 - 2007, $65,388.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Byrne, M., Gower, G., (2013), Cultural Competency and Classroom Management. Classroom Management: Engaging Students in Learning , 245-275, 253 Normanby Road, South Melbourne, Victoria 3205 Australia.
- Gower, G., Byrne, M., (2012), Becoming a culturally competent teacher: beginning the journey. Reform and Resistance in Aboriginal Education, 379-402, Crawley, Western Australia.
- Gower, G., Lummis, G., Lock, G., (2013), Best practice in Indigenous research: The role of cultural competency in building relationships, trust and cooperation between Indigenous communities and researchers., n/a.
- Gower, G., (2012), Ethical research in Indigenous Australian contexts & it's practical implementation. International Conference: Innovative Research in a Changing & Challenging World. Conference Proceedings (B), 47-58, Tasmania.