Mr Krishna Prasad
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 2217|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 6304 5894|
Mr Krishna Prasad is a Lecturer in the School of Law and Justice in the Faculty of Business and Law.
Joondalup: Thursday 9.00am to 1.00pm, or by appointment
- LAW2106 - Intellectual Property Law
- LAW2150 - Employment Law
- LAW2215 - Cyber Law
- LAW2221 - Trade Practices and Marketing Law
- LAW3201 - Banking & Credit Law III
- LAW5120 - Legal Environment for e-Commerce
- LAW5221 - Trade Practices and Marketing Law
- LAW5258 - Employment Law V
- LAW5600 - Banking & Credit Law
Krishna obtained his Bachelor of Laws degree in India. He is permitted to practice in all jurisdictions, including the Supreme Court and various High Courts of India. After practicing law in India, he moved to Perth in 1997 and obtained his Master of Laws degree from Murdoch University. He is currently pursuing the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D).
Krishna joined the ECU School of Law & Justice in 2007 as a Lecturer. Prior to that he worked as ECU's University’s Copyright & Legal Officer from 2003. Before joining ECU, he was employed at a private practice and at the Western Australian Department of Training for four years respectively. Here he held the position of Copyright & Legal Officer, handling issues relating to intellectual property, where he was responsible for drafting the Intellectual Property (IP) Guidelines for the West Australian TAFE (Tertiary and Further Education) sector. He has also taught Business Law and tutored Intellectual Property Law at Murdoch University, as well as being a Registered Migration Agent.
- B.Sc. (Electronics)
- LL.M (Murdoch)
- ADBMM (W.Aust)
- Cert Aus Imm Law (Victoria)
- Registered Migration Agent
Research areas and interests
- Cyber Law related issues (particularly in the area of Intellectual Property)
- 2012 - 2013, Innovation in resource sector small firms and workers on temporary 457 visas. Faculty of Business and Law Strategic Research Funding. Team: Prof Rowena Barrett, Dr Susanne Bahn, Mr Krishna Prasad & Dr Pattanee Susomrith.
- Prasad, K. (2012). Cyberterrorism: Addressing the challenges for establishing an international legal framework. Proceedings of The 3rd Australian Counter Terrorism Conference, 9-16, Perth, WA.