Dr Ian Patrick Austin
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5284|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 6304 5988|
- Across International Business Field
Dr Austin's background covers logistics, events management, consultancy and public sector experience in both Australia and Singapore.
- A member of the International Business program team.
- Faculty of Business and Law, University Library Committee Representative.
- 2001 - PhD (University of Queensland)
- Academy of International Business (AIB)
- The Australian Institute of International Affairs (AIIA)
- The Australia New Zealand International Business Association (ANZIBA)
- The Japanese Business Association (JBA)
- The Australia New Zealand American Studies Association (ANZASA)
- Asian and American affairs, particularly their interaction.
- Asian and American corporate and strategic affairs: particularly how commercial and strategic interest intersect.
- Banking and Financial Affairs in the United States of America and Asia (Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore).
- Trade and Business History.
Current research areas
- Australian Trade and Commercial Relations with Asia.
- The United States of America – Asia Trade and Strategic Relations.
- United State of American Banking and Financial History.
- Singapore politics and economics.
- Huang, X. & Austin, I. (2011). Chinese Investment in Australia: Unique Insights from the Mining Industry. Palgrave MacMillan. ISBN 978-0-230-29849-1.
- Austin, I. (Editor).(2011). Australia-Singapore Relations; Successful Bilateral Relations in a Historical and Contemporary Context. Select Publishing. Singapore. ISBN 9789814022811.
- Austin, I. (2009). Common Foundations of American and East Asian Modernisation: From Alexander Hamilton to Junichero Koizumi. Select Books: Singapore. HB ISBN: 978-981-4022-52-1, PB ISBN 981-4022-53-5. Pages 369.
- Austin, I. (2004). Goh Keng Swee and Contemporary Governance. Published by Marshall Cavendish Academic Publishing, Singapore. ISBN 981-210-351-1. Pages 140.
- Austin, I. (2002). Changing Faces of ASEAN: A Select Booklist. 2002. A Publication of the ASEAN Committee on Culture and Information, 2002 & The National Library Board of Singapore. Pages 21. ISBN 981-04-7186-6.
- Austin, I. (2001). Pragmatism and Public Policy in East Asia: Origins, Adaptations and Developments. 2001. Singapore: Fairmont International. Pages 338. ISBN 981-04-3395-6.
Refereed journal articles
- Austin, I. (2009). Singapore in Transition: Economic Change and Political Consequences. The Asian Public Policy Journal.
- Austin, I (2009). The Treasury of the United States of America and the Asian Financial Crisis: A Decade in Review. Australiasian Journal of American Studies.
- Austin, I. (2009). The Singapore Recession of 2008. ANZIBA Conference, UQ. Brisbane.
- Austin, I. (2009). Finance and Transparency: the Singapore Approach and its and Global Implications. Good Governance Conference. UWA, Perth.
- Austin, I. (2003). The United States Present Financial Influence in/over Asia. Fulbright American Studies. University of Waikato. New Zealand.