Dr Julie Crews
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5239|
|Mobile:||0423 270 459|
- By appointment
- Business and Professional Ethics (on campus and online)
- Human Resource Management (MBA program)
Julie commenced her career in education and her experience has included urban, rural, interstate and overseas appointments. During her career, Julie held various leadership roles including Deputy Principal, District Professional Development Manager and Facilitator for the professional development of teachers. A career in the public sector followed as a senior labour relations and small business advisor in the State Government. Over the next several years, Julie held various positions across both state and federal government agencies, including the Australian Consumer and Competition Commission, The Office of the Auditor General, The Department of the Premier and Cabinet, The Office of E-Government and The Office for Women's Policy.
Julie's area of passion is the development of leaders with integrity. Her doctoral thesis is in the area of ethics and leadership. Before being appointed to ECU, Julie taught Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations at the University of Western Australia, Management and Business Communication at Curtin University and has been a Regional Advisor for the Australian Public Service Commission.
- PHD (Curtin Graduate School of Business)
- Master Industrial Relations (UWA)
- Bachelor of Arts (UWA)
- Bachelor of Education (Churchlands CAE)
Current research area
- Values of senior executives: An international perspective: Sri Lanka
- The ethical dilemmas experienced by local government planners
- The values of university students studying business ethics: A survey
Recent research grants
- Early career research grant ($5000) to fund research conducted in Colombo, Sri Lanka on the values of senior executives in the public and private sectors.
- Governance and the ethics of leaders: Presented at International Corporate Governance Conference: Corporate Governance and Value Creation, 14-15 December 2011, Sydney Australia.