Professor Craig Standing
Foundation Professor of Strategic Information Management
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5545|
Professor Craig Standing studied at Lancaster University, University of Manchester, and the University of Western Australia. Craig has published in the top ten Information Systems journals and has presented at many international conferences. He has obtained significant research funds including the prestigious Australian Research Council Awards.
Craig has authored several books on information systems that have been adopted by university courses in information systems. He has supervised numerous doctoral students, having won awards from the postgraduate association at his university for the quality of his supervision. As Editor of the Journal of Systems and Information Technology, Craig is at the forefront of knowledge on information systems research and research methods.
Craig is a member of the Australian Research Council College of Experts (2011-2013).
Awards and recognition
- 2012 - Faculty of Business and Law, Dean's Award for Research Excellence
- PhD University of Western Australia
- P.G.C.E. Lancaster University
- M.Sc. University of Manchester
- BA(Hons) Lancaster University
Current research areas
- Social Media and Innovation
- Electronic markets
- Case study methodologies
- Knowledge management
- 2013-2015, Social Media and Innovation. Australian Research Council Discovery Projects. Team: Craig Standing, Ned Kock (Texas A&M).
- 2012-2013, A Toolkit for Research Supervisors. Australian Teaching and Learning Council (ALTC).
- 2012 - 2013, A review of the potential for improvement in resource sector - a scoping study. Faculty of Business and Law Strategic Research Funding. Team: Dr Richard Fulford, Dr Ghialy Yap, Prof Craig Standing, Prof Ross Dowling & Dr Susanne Bahn.
- 2012 - 2013, Job design and employee innovation in the resources sector. Faculty of Business and Law Strategic Research Funding. Team: Dr Yuliani Suseno, Prof Craig Standing, Dr Denise Gengatharen & Dr Denise Jackson.
- 2012 - 2013, Sustainability report assurance in the resources industry.Faculty of Business and Law Strategic Research Funding. Team: Prof Hadrian Djajadikerta, Prof Craig Standing, Dr Zubaidah Ismail.
- 2011-2014, Knowledge Approaches in Telehealth. Australian Research Council Linkage Projects. Team: Craig Standing, Raj Gururajan (USQ).
- 2008-2011, A Strategic Approach to Electronic Marketplaces. Australian Research Council Discovery Projects. Team: Craig Standing, Peter Love
- 2006-2008, Australian Research Council Discovery Projects – A strategic analysis of customer relationship management. Team: P. Love, Craig Standing, Zahir Irani
- 2004-2010, Enterprise Information Infrastructure, Australian Research Council Network Funding.
- 2004, CRM in the Service Industry. Australian Research Council Linkage Projects. Team: P. Love, Craig Standing, P. Dobson, R. Fulford.
- 2003-2005, Regional Business Clusters. Australian Research Council Linkage Projects. Team: J. Burn, Craig Standing, S. Bode, B. Walker.
- 2002-2004, Evaluating the Benefits of Regional e-Marketplaces for SMEs (2Cities). Australian Research Council Linkage Projects. Team: Craig Standing, J. Burn.
- 2002, Grant to investigate the potential of e-marketplaces in the SME sector. Rural Industries Development Corporation (RIRDC). Team: Craig Standing, R. Stockdale.
- 2001-2003 - Grant Application with Alcoa Australia for funding of PhD Scholarship. Australian Research Council (ARC). Team: Craig Standing.
- Standing, C. (2009). Electronic Markets: Benefits, Costs and Risks, Palgrave.
- Benson, S. & Standing, C. (2008). Information Systems: A Business Approach. John Wiley & Sons.(3rd Edition).
- Standing, C. & Standing, S. (eds.) (2007). Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Management and Internet Research, Joondalup, Western Australia.
- Benson, S. & Standing, C. (2005). Information Systems: A Business Approach. John Wiley & Sons. (2nd Edition).
- Standing, C. (2009). Online Retailing, Electronic Marketplaces and Electronic collaboration. In Electronic Markets: Benefits, Costs and Risks, (Edited by Craig Standing). Palgrave.
- Standing, C. & Standing, S. (2009). The Relationship Between Electronic Marketplace Strategy and Structure. In Electronic Markets: Benefits, Costs and Risks, (Edited by Craig Standing). Palgrave.
- Standing, C., Sims, I. & Standing, S. (2009). The Use and Perception of E-Marketplaces: An Institutional Perspective .In Electronic Markets: Benefits, Costs and Risks, (Edited by Craig Standing). Palgrave.
Selected journal papers
- Cripps, H. & Standing, C. (2011). The implementation of electronic health records: A case study of bush computing in the Ngaanyatjarra Lands. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 80(12), 841-848.
- Standing, C., & Kiniti, S. (2011). How can wikis be used for innovation? Technovation, 31, 287-295.
- Raza, S. A. & Standing, C. (2011). A Systemic Model for Managing and Evaluating Conflicts in Organizational Change. Systemic Practice and Action Research, 24(3), 187-210.
- Standing, S., Standing, C., & Love, P.E.D. (2010). A review of e-marketplace literature, 1997-2008. Decision Support Systems 49, 41-51.
- Love, P.E.D., Edwards, D.J., Standing. C., and Irani, Z. (2009). Beyond the Red Queen Syndrome: Customer Relationship Management and Building Material Suppliers. Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 16(5), 459-474.
- Standing, C., Sims, I., and Love, P. (2009). Information Technology Non-Conformity in Institutional Environments: E-Marketplace Adoption in the Government Sector. Information & Management, 46, 138-149.
- Crabbe, M., Standing, C., Standing, S. and Karjaluoto, H. (2009). An Adoption Model for Mobile Banking in Ghana. International Journal of Mobile Communications, 7(5), 515-543.
- Cripps, H., Salo, J., and Standing, C. (2009). Enablers and Impediments to IT Adoption in Business Relationships: Evidence from Australia and Finland. Journal of Systems and Information Technology, 11(2), 185-200.
- Standing, S. and Standing, C. (2008). Mobile Technology and Healthcare: Adoption Issues and Systemic Problems. International Journal of Electronic Healthcare, 4 3/4, 221-235.
- Lin, C., Standing, C. and Liu, A. (2008). Communication in Virtual Teams. Journal of Decision Support Systems, 45, 1031-1045
- Standing, S. and Standing, C. (2008). Strategic alliances and the role of IT in the Biotechnology Sector. Systems Research and Behavioural Science, 25, 783-796.
- Karjaluoto, H., Standing, C., Becker, M., Leppäniemi, M. (2008). Factors affecting Finnish consumers’ intention to receive SMS marketing: a conceptual model and an empirical study. International Journal of Electronic Business, 6(3), 298-318.
- Standing, C., Stockdale, R., Love, P. (2007). Leveraging global markets: Lessons from Alcoa Alumina. International Journal of Information Management, 28(6), 513-528.
- Standing, C. & Jackson. P. (2007). An approach to sustainability for information systems. Journal of Systems and Information Technology,9(2), 167-176.
- Love, P., Irani, Z, Standing, C. & Themisticleous, M. (2007). Influence of job demands, job control and social support on information systems professionals’ psychological well-being. International Journal of Manpower, 28(6), 513-528.
- Standing, C., Stockdale, R., and Love, P. (2007). Hybrid Buyer Supplier Relationships. Information and Organization, 17(2), 89-109.
- Standing, C., McManus, P., Standing, S., and Karjaluoto, H. (2007). Searching for Value in Researching the Adoption and Use of M-Services. International Journal of Electronic Collaboration, 3(3), 16-30.
- Standing, C. & Lin, C. (2007). Organizational Evaluation of the Benefits, Constraints and Satisfaction with Business-To-Business Electronic Commerce. International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 11(3), 107-135.
- Standing, C., Love, P., Stockdale, R. and Gengatharen, D. (2006). Examining the Relationship Between Electronic Marketplace Strategy and Structure. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 53(2), p.297-311.
- Standing, C., Guilfoyle, A., Love, P.E.D. and Lin, C. (2006). The Attribution of Success and Failure in IT Projects. Industrial Management and Data Systems, 106(8), pp.1148-1165.
- Stockdale, R., and Standing, C. (2006). An Interpretive Approach to Evaluating Information Systems: A Content, Context, Process Framework. European Journal of Operational Research, 173(3), pp. 701-1188.
- Stockdale, R., Standing, C., and Love, P.E.D (2006). Propagation of a Parsimonious Framework for Evaluating Information Systems in Construction. Automation in Construction 15, pp.729 – 736.
- Standing, C.., Burn, J., and Lin, C. (2006) Information Systems in Western Australian Universities. Australian Journal of Information Systems, 14(1), pp.251-259.
- Cheng, E., Love, P.E.D. and Standing, C. & Gharavi, H. (2006). Intention to e-Collaborate: Propagation of Research Propositions. Industrial Management and Data Systems 106(1). pp. 139-152.
- Gengatharen, D. & Standing, C. (2005). Government-supported Community Portal Regional eMarketplaces for SMEs: Evidence to support a Staged Approach. Journal of Electronic Markets, 15(4), pp.405-417.
- Gengatharen, D. and Standing, C. (2005). A Framework to Assess the Factors Affecting Success or Failure of the Implementation of Government-supported Regional E-marketplaces for SMEs. European Journal of Information Systems. 14(4), pp.417-433.
- Love, P.E.D., Irani, Z, Standing, C., Lin, C. and Burn, J. (2005). The Enigma of Evaluation: Benefits, Costs and Risk Management Practices in Australian SMEs. Information and Management, 42(7), pp.947-964.
- Standing, C., Sims, I., Stockdale, R., Gengatharen, D., Standing, S., and Wassenaar, A. (2005). Can E-Marketplaces Bridge the Digital Divide? An Analysis of Two Western Australian Cases. The Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries, 20(3), pp.1-14.