Dr Stephen Grainger
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5230|
|Mobile:||0402 938 177|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 6304 5840|
- By appointment
- International Negotiation, Business in Asia
Commencing his academic career in 1997, Dr Grainger specialises in Business in Asia and International Negotiation. He has lectured and conducted seminars at:
- Edith Cowan University (from 2005 onwards);
- The Yunnan University of Finance and Trade (People’s Republic of China);
- Shanghai University of Electric Power (People’s Republic of China);
- Trisakti University (Indonesia), the Gandhi Institute (Indonesia);
- Australian College of Business and Technology (Sri Lanka);
- Management Development Institute of Singapore (Singapore);
- Singapore Management Academy (Singapore);
- The Singapore Institute of Materials Management (Singapore);
- University of Western Australia (Australia);
- Curtin University of Technology (Australia); and
- Notre Dame University (Australia).
- Course Coordinator - International Business
- Doctor of Philosophy (Organisation Guanxi in China);
- Master of Business Administration; and
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Mathematics).
- WA Chinese Chamber of Commerce; and
- International Association of China Management Research.
- Organisational guanxi in China;
- The affect the evolving Chinese market economy is having on the significance of guanxi; and
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
- Grainger, S.(2010). Organisational Guanxi and State Owned Enterprises in South West China: Producing Organisational Guanxi at the Roaring Dragon Hotel, VDM Verlag, Berlin, Germany.
- Grainger, S. (2010). Hire It, Global Business Today by Hill, Cronk and Wickramasekera, McGraw Hill, Sydney.
- Grainger, S. (2006). Guanxi at the Roaring Dragon Hotel, International Business: Challenges of Globalisation, Wild, Wild, Han and Rammal, pg 57-58, Pearson Education Australia.
- Grainger, S. (2004). Guanxi Neglect – the Demise of an International Management Contract, China in the New Era, edited by Bronwyn Coate, Robert Brooks, Ian Fraser & Lilai Xu, RMIT Business Press, Melbourne, Australia.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Grainger, S. (2012). The Privatization of China’s State Owned Enterprises: How is it affecting the production of Guanxi? International Journal of Management and Enterprise Development, Vol. 10, Nos. 2/3, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd.
- Grainger, S. (2012). China and Japan’s turbulent affair: Why must it continue? International Journal of Business Competition and Growth, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd.
- Grainger, S. (2008). Differentiating Between Intra-organisational and Inter-organisational Guanxi, September, Journal of International Management, Singapore.
- Grainger, S. (2012). The Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) After Ten Years: Challenges Ahead and Possible Solutions, 2nd Annual International Conference on Business Strategy and Organizational Behaviour, Bali, Indonesia.
- Grainger, S. (2010). How is producing Guanxi Changing as a Chinese State Owned Enterprise becomes Privatized? IASK International Conference on Global Management, Oviedo, Spain.
- Grainger, S. (2010). The Changing Antecedents of Producing Guanxi in a Chinese State Owned Enterprise: 1999-2007, Seminar, the Shanghai University of Electric Power, Shanghai, People’s Republic of China.
- Grainger, S. (2010). Privatizing China's State Owned Enterprises: How is it affecting the production of guanxi? Seminar at the Colegio Universitario de Estudios Financieros, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain.
- Grainger, S., Ogle., & A., Xian Dong. (2010). The Criteria for Selecting General Managers for Five Star Hotels in Beijing, ApacCHRIE conference, Phuket, Thailand.
- Grainger, S. (2008). The How are the characteristics of guanxi in SOE evolving under the Chinese market economy: tracking the Roaring Dragon Hotel, south-west China, 1999-2007; Asia Pacific Journal of Management Conference, Taiwan.
- Grainger, S. (2007). The Management changes as Chinese State Owned Enterprise adapt from planned to market economy condition, Australia New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Sydney.
- Grainger, S. (2004). The Differentiating between inter-organisational and intra-organisational Guanxi; 16th Annual Conference of the Association for Chinese Economic Studies (Australia), University of Queensland.
- Grainger, S. (2013) Roaring Dragon Hotel: A Second Attempt at Modernization, Harvard Business Review. http://hbr.org/product/roaring-dragon-hotel-a-second-attempt-at-modernization/an/W12392-PDF-ENG
- Grainger, S. (2013), "The importance of Guanxi in business in China", in Alon, I. (ed.), Doing Business in China: , The Marketing & Management Collection, Henry Stewart Talks Ltd, London, http://hstalks.com/?t=MM1293408-Grainger.
- Grainger, S. (2013) Roaring Dragon Hotel: A Second Attempt at Modernization, Ivey Publications, https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=57165.
- Grainger, S. (2012) Roaring Dragon Hotel (Simplified Chinese version) Ivey Publications, https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=53782 in Mandarin.
- Grainger, S. (2012) Swine Flu Tour (Simplified Chinese version) (2012) Ivey Publications, https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=54737 in Mandarin.
- Grainger, S.(2011). Privatization of the Tiger Leaping House in Nanjing, PRC, Harvard Business Review, Prod. #: 910C29-PDF-ENG hbr.org/product/privatization-of-the-tiger-leaping-house-in-nanjin/an/910C29-PDF-ENG?Ntt=grainger.
- Grainger, S. (2011). The Swine Flu Tour, Harvard Business Review, Prod. #: 909C21-PDF-ENG, hbr.org/product/the-swine-flu-tour/an/909C21-PDF-ENG?Ntt=grainger.
- Grainger, S. (2011). Privatization of the Tiger Leaping House in Nanjing, Ivey Publishing. www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=46148.
- Grainger, S. (2010). Roaring Dragon Hotel, Harvard Business Review, Prod. #: 908M04-PDF-ENG hbr.org/product/roaring-dragon-hotel/an/908M04-PDF-ENG?Ntt=grainger.
- Grainger, S. (2009). The Swine Flu Tour, Ivey Publishing, www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=35297.