Dr Steve Benson
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5475|
- eBusiness Systems
Steve has a background in motor vehicle engineering and management interspersed with jobs which have included: street theatre, fire eating, escapology, stand up comedy, throwing people out of nightclubs, ballroom dance instructor, working in a morgue and speedway riding. He commenced study late in life discovering a knack for computer related areas.
Steve worked in real time systems before being seduced into academia. His academic career has seen him hold a variety of roles in both the UK and Australia, lecturing at ECU since 1990.He maintains a small but active consultancy, carrying out work in Canada and Australia.
- BSc(Hons) 1st Class CNAA;
- MSc (Systems Design)Mancs;
- PhD Curtin;
- IEEE member for 12 years
- Cognitive/Educational Psychology
Current research area:
- Cognitive Psychology
- Benson, S. & Standing, C.R. (2008) “Information Systems: A Business Approach” 3rd Edition, 2008, Pub: John Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd.
Conference papers in proceeding
- Benson, S. & Sova, B. (2003) Age Assessment Considerations Within An Undergraduate Management Information Systems Course: A Hidden Aspect Of IT Education, GITMA conference 2003, Calgary, Canada;
- Benson, S. (2004) “How Useful Is Hermeneutic Phenomenology In Shaping IS Pedagogy And Research?” ICED2004 conference, Ottawa, Canada.