Dr Greg Willson
- TSM3200 Tourism and Hospitality Research
- LSC3105 Eco-Recreation Interpretation
- MKT3600 New Product Development
- HOS2115 Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
Dr Gregory Willson's work has explored the ways in which travel helps people find meaning and connection in life, as well as its role in facilitating healing or personal growth after experiencing a life-defining moment (such as a serious illness).
Specialising in qualitative research, he has also explored: the potentiality of tourism as an avenue to achieve peace, Maori cultural issues, sustainable tourism development in the South Pacific and India and the personal meaning individuals imbue onto heritage.
- 2010 - PhD, University of Waikato
- Council of Australian Tourism and Hospitality Educators (CAUTHE)
- 2012 - 2013, Fly into work; Fly out to Bali. Faculty of Business and Law Strategic Research Funding. Team Dr Dale Sanders, Dr Greg Willson, Prof Ross Dowling, & Dr Ghialy Yap.
- Willson, G., & McIntosh, A. (2012). The spiritual dimension of heritage buildings: Strengthening the case for preservation in the Hawke’s Bay region of New Zealand. The International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, 2(1).
- Jacobs, A., & Willson, G. (2012). Challenges and opportunities for Indian tourism. An analysis of the Andaman Islands. South Asian Journal of Tourism and Heritage, 5(1), 47-60.
- Willson, G. Enhancing tourism research, education and business through encouraging reflexive practice. South Asian Journal of Tourism and Heritage, 5(1), 35-39.
- Lee, M., Heesup, H., & Willson, G. (2011). The role of expected outcomes in the formation of behavioural intentions in the green hotel industry. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 28(8), 840-855.
- Willson, G. (2011). The search for inner peace: Considering the spiritual movement in tourism. In Journal of Tourism and Peace Research 1(3).
- Panakera, C., Willson, G., Ryan, C., & Liu, G. (2011). Considerations for sustainable tourism development in developing countries: Perspectives from the South Pacific. Tourismos: An Interdisciplinary Journal, 6(2): 241-262.
- Willson, G. & McIntosh, A. (2010). Using Photo-Based Interviews to Reveal the Significance of Heritage Buildings to Cultural Tourism Experiences. In G. Richards & W. Munsters. Cultural Tourism Research Methods (pp. 141-155). Oxfordshire: CABI.
- Willson, G. (2010). Exploring travel and spirituality: The role of travel in facilitating life purpose and meaning within the lives of individuals. PhD thesis: University of Waikato, Hamilton.
- Willson, G. (2008). Heritage Buildings and Tourism. Germany: VDM Verlag.
- Willson, G. (2006). International Tourists’ Experiences of the Heritage Buildings in Hawke’s Bay. Masters of Management Studies thesis: The University of Waikato, Hamilton.