The Governing Board oversees the governance of the Centre of Excellence for Alzheimer's Disease Research and Care, with membership drawn from relevant industry and academic partners.
- Chair, Professor Bryant Stokes
- Hollywood Private Hospital, Dr Terry Bayliss
- The University of Western Australia, Professor Ian Puddey
- Amana Living, Ms Suzi Cowcher
- The McCusker Foundation for Alzheimer’s Disease Research, Dr Judy Edwards
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor - Edith Cowan University, Professor John Finlay-Jones
- Hall & Prior Aged Care Organisation, Mr Graeme Prior
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor - Curtin University of Technology, Professor Linda Kristjanson
- Independent, Dr Ann Zubrick
- Director, Centre of Excellence for Alzheimer’s Disease Research and Care, Professor Ralph Martins
- Secretary, Mr Manoj Agarwal.
The Chair of the governing board is Professor Bryant Stokes, a distinguished neurosurgeon and a leader in Australasian healthcare. He has held the positions of Clinical Professor of Neurosurgery at the University of Western Australia, Consultant Neurosurgeon at several metropolitan hospitals, Professor of Anatomy at Notre Dame University, member of the Board of Directors Western Australian Institute of Medical Research, and Director of the Medical Research Foundation Royal Perth Hospital.
In addition to his expertise in neuroscience, Professor Stokes has made significant contributions in the areas of safety and quality, and leadership in healthcare management. This aligns with the centre’s focus on the areas of both research and care.
The Centre Director, Professor Ralph Martins, serves as an ex officio member of the Board.