Associate Professor Mel Ziman and her team have been very actively engaged in research over the last two years. They have produced several publications in leading international peer reviewed publications. PhD students Sandra Medic and Elizabeth Charytonowicz have produced several outstanding publications in leading specialist journals during the course of their PhD degrees. Postdoctoral research fellow Jennifer Thompson recently published her article in a leading international journal. The group have also been invited to publish chapters in two books on melanoma this year.
- S. Medic, M. Ziman. (2010). PAX3 Expression in Normal Skin Melanocytes and Melanocytic Lesions (Naevi and Melanomas) PLoS ONE 5(4): e9977
- S. Johnston, G. Wilkes, J. Thompson, M. Ziman, R. Brightwell. (2011). Inhaled methoxyflurane and intranasal fentanyl for prehospital management of visceral pain in an Australian Ambulance Service. Emergency Medicine Journal, 1:57-63
- E. Charytonowicz, C. Cordon-Cardo, I. Matushansky, M. Ziman. (2011). Alternate Pax3 and Pax7 C-terminal isoforms in myogenic differentiation and sarcomagenesis. Clinical and Translational Oncology, 13:194-203.
- M. Thomas, L. Stone, L. Evill, S. Ong, M. Ziman, L. Hool. (2011). Bone marrow stromal cells as replacement cells for Parkinson's disease: generation of an anatomical but not functional neuronal phenotype. Translational Research. 157: 56-63.
- A. Ireland, M. Millward, R. Pearce, M. Lee, M. Ziman (2011). Genetic Factors in Metastatic Progression of Cutaneous Melanoma; The Future Role of Circulating Melanoma Cells in Prognosis and Management. Clinical and Experimental Metastasis, 28: 327-336.
- E. Charytonowicz, C. Cordon-Cardo, I. Matushansky, M. Ziman (2011)Pax7-Fkhr Fusion Gene Inhibits Myogenic Differentiation Via Nf-Kappa B Upregulation. Clinical and Translational Oncology. 13:194-203.
- S. Medic, H. Rizos, M. Ziman (2011) Differential PAX3 functions in normal skin melanocytes and melanoma cells. BBRC, 411: 832-837.
- J. A. Thompson, M. Ziman (2011) Pax genes during neural development and their potential role in neuroregeneration. Progress in Neurobiology, in press.
Book Chapter (invited)
- M. Ziman, M. Millward, R. Pearce, M. Lee (2011) Circulating Tumour Cells as a Prognostic Indicator. in Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma (chapter 12); in Murphy, M. (Ed). Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarkers and Therapeutic Targets in Melanoma. Humana/Springer. USA (in press).
- M. Ziman (2011) Circulating melanoma cells. In"Melanoma / Book 1", Ed: Yohei Tanaka, Intech Publisher, Croatia. (In press) ISBN 978-953-307-291-3.