The ECU Melanoma Research Group has an active research program, below are a list of our publications from the past five years.
- A. L. Reid, M. Millward, R. Pearce, M. Lee, M. H. Frank, P. Heenan, A. Ireland, L. Monshizadeh, T. Rai, S. Medic, M. Ziman. (2013) Markers of circulating tumour cells in the peripheral blood of melanoma patients correlates with disease recurrence and progression. British Journal of Dermatology, 168: 85-92
- J.A. Thompson, T.M. Cruickshank, L.E. Penailillo, J.W. Lee, R.U. Newton, R.A. Barker, M.R. Ziman. (2013) The effects of multidisciplinary rehabilitation in patients with early-to-middle-stage Huntington's disease: a pilot study. Eur J Neurol. 2012 Dec 7.[Epub ahead of print]
- J. B. Freeman, E. S. Gray, M. Millward, R. Pearce, M. Ziman (2012). Evaluation of a multi-marker immunomagnetic enrichment assay for the quantification of circulating melanoma cells. Journal of Translational Medicine 2012, 10:19
- S. Johnston, G. Wilkes, J. Thompson, M. Ziman, R. Brightwell. (2011). Inhaled methoxyflurane and intranasal fentanyl for prehospital management of visceral pain in an Australian Ambulance Service. Emergency Medicine Journal, 1:57-63
- E. Charytonowicz, C. Cordon-Cardo, I. Matushansky, M. Ziman. (2011). Alternate Pax3 and Pax7 C-terminal isoforms in myogenic differentiation and sarcomagenesis. Clinical and Translational Oncology, 13:194-203.
- M. Thomas, L. Stone, L. Evill, S. Ong, M. Ziman, L. Hool. (2011). Bone marrow stromal cells as replacement cells for Parkinson's disease: generation of an anatomical but not functional neuronal phenotype. Translational Research. 157: 56-63.
- A. Ireland, M. Millward, R. Pearce, M. Lee, M. Ziman (2011). Genetic Factors in Metastatic Progression of Cutaneous Melanoma; The Future Role of Circulating Melanoma Cells in Prognosis and Management. Clinical and Experimental Metastasis, 28: 327-336.
- E. Charytonowicz, C. Cordon-Cardo, I. Matushansky, M. Ziman (2011) Pax7-Fkhr Fusion Gene Inhibits Myogenic Differentiation Via Nf-Kappa B Upregulation. Clinical and Translational Oncology. 13:194-203.
- S. Medic, H. Rizos, M. Ziman (2011) Differential PAX3 functions in normal skin melanocytes and melanoma cells. BBRC, 411(4): 832-837.
- J. A. Thompson, M. Ziman (2011). Pax genes during neural development and their potential role in neuroregeneration. Progress in Neurobiology, 95: 334-351.
- S. Medic, M. Ziman. (2010). PAX3 Expression in Normal Skin Melanocytes and Melanocytic Lesions (Naevi and Melanomas) PLoS ONE 5(4): e9977
- E. Charytonowicz, C. Cordon-Cardo, I. Matushansky, M. Ziman. (2009) Alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma: Is the cell of origin a mesenchymal stem cell? Cancer Lett. 279: 126-136.
- S. Medic, M. Ziman. (2009). PAX3 across the spectrum: From melanoblast to melanoma. Critical Reviews in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (CRBMB). 44: 85-97.
- M. Thomas, P. Tyers, S. Lazic, R. Barker, L. Beazley, M. Ziman. (2009). Graft outcomes influenced by co-expression of Pax7 in graft and host tissue. J. Anat, 214: 396-405.
- R. White, M. Ziman. (2008) Genome-wide discovery of Pax7 target genes during development. Physiol Genomics. 33: 41–49.
- J.A. Thompson, A. Zembrzycki, A. Mansouri, M. Ziman. (2008). Pax7 is requisite for maintenance of a subpopulation of superior collicular neurons and shows a diverging expression pattern to Pax3 during superior collicular development. BMC Developmental Biology. 8: 62
- J. Blake, M. Thomas, J. Thompson, R. White, M. Ziman. (2008) Perplexing Pax: From Puzzle to Paradigm. Devel Dynamics, 237: 2791-2803.
- Ziman M., Medic S., Slattery R., Pearce R. Blood test for cutaneous malignant melanoma. Anticancer Research Proceedings of the 8th Anticancer Research Conference. (2008)
- M. Ziman, M. Millward, R. Pearce, M. Lee (2011) Circulating Tumour Cells as a Prognostic Indicator. in Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma (chapter 12); in Murphy, M. (Ed). Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarkers and Therapeutic Targets in Melanoma. Humana/Springer. USA (in press).
- M. Ziman (2011) Circulating melanoma cells. In "Melanoma / Book 1", Ed: Yohei Tanaka, Intech Publisher, Croatia. (In press) ISBN 978-953-307-291-3.