- 2011-current: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Parkinson’s Centre, Edith Cowan University
- 2008-2010: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Wellcome Trust-Funded Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics, King’s College London
- 2007-2008: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Muscular Dystrophy Campaign funded Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics, King’s College London
- Australian Society for Medical Research
Awards and Recognition
- Western Australian Department of Health New Investigator award, Combined Biological Sciences Meeting, Perth, WA, 2006.
- The Brain Awareness Week Science Communication Prize. Symposium of Western Australian Neuroscience, Perth, WA, 2006.
- The Australia New Zealand Society for Cell and Developmental Biology (ANZSCDB) Travel Grant Award, 2006.
- The Human Genetics Society of Western Australia Student Prize. Combined Biological Sciences Meeting, Perth, WA, 2005.
- The Keith Dixon Prize for Developmental Biology, ComBio ANZSCDB Prize, 2004.
- Edith Cowan University Postgraduate Research Scholarship, 2004-2007.
- Best Oral Presentation, Australia and New Zealand Society for Comparative Physiology and Biochemistry conference. Hobart, Tas, 2003.
- Postgraduate Student Support Funding, Centre for Ecosystem Management (ECU). 2003.
- Diaz Prize for Chemistry (ECU), 2002.
Research Areas and Interests
- Transcriptional signalling
- Stem cell fate choice
- Regenerative medicine
- Pax transcription factor function
- Muscle stem cells
- Stem cells in CNS repair