Research Areas and Interests
Dr Eric Khong
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 3538, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO21.539
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 3538|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 6304 2254|
- Postgraduate students, Research students
- Coordinator of Men's Health Units
- Staff member of ECU since 2004.
- Work also as a General Practitioner and Liaison GP for BreastScreen WA
- GP Liaison Officer for BreastScreen WA
- Member of the Breast Cancer Collaborative
- Member of the Primary Care, Cancer Prevention and Screening Collaborative
- Member of the Medical Radiation and Cancer Working Group, Cancer Council of WA
- Clinical Senior Lecturer in the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Western Australia
- On Peer Review Panel of Australian Family Physician Journal for Drug and Alcohol Issues and Breast Diseases.
- Member Nurses & Midwives Board of WA – Network Advisory Panel and Subsequent Impairment Review Committee
- Member of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
Research Areas and Interests
- General Practice, Alcohol and Drug issues
- Bachelor of Medicine, The University of Western Australia .
Recent Research Grants
- Evaluation of Structure and Resources in the Management of Chronic Hepatitis C, Department of Health WA, Royal Perth Hospital - Liver Service, 2013, $28,000.
- Workforce Development: Hepatitis B and C Health Professional Engagement and Education, Department of Health WA, Grant, 2009 - 2013, $592,014.
- Data Review and Clinical Audit of Australian Medical Procedures Research Foundation Limited (AMPRF), Drug and Alcohol Office, Grant, 2011, $66,452.
- For the development and implementation of a blended learning program, including e-learning, for the management of sexually transmissible infections as part of a state-wide workforce development program for general practitioners and practice nurses., Department of Health WA, Grant, 2011, $110,173.
- Provision of an E-learning package, Department of Health WA, Grant, 2009, $18,000.
- Hepatitis C Workforce Development, Department of Health WA, Grant, 2008 - 2009, $132,451.
- Evaluation of Falls Linkage Independence Program, Department of Health WA, Grant, 2008, $14,400.
- Kids and Parents for Optimal Weight (KAPOW), Osborne Division of General Practice, Grant, 2007 - 2008, $10,000.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Sim, M., Wain, T., Khong, E., (2011), Aggressive behaviour prevention and management in the general practice environment. Australian Family Physician, 40(11), 866-872, South Melbourne, Victoria.
- Sim, M., Wain, T., Khong, E., (2009), Influencing behaviour change in general practice (Part 1): Brief intervention and motivational interviewing. Australian Family Physician, 38(11), 885-888, South Melbourne, Victoria.
- Sim, M., Khong, E., Wain, T., (2009), Motivational Interviewing in general practice. The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners: CHECK Program, October 2009(451), 1-30, Melbourne.
- Sim, M., Wain, T., Khong, E., (2009), Influencing behaviour change in general practice (Part 2): Motivational interviewing approaches. Australian Family Physician, 38(12), 986-989, South Melbourne, Victoria.
- Sim, M., Khong, E., McEvoy, A., Wain, T., Sim, M., Williams, T., (2013), Cartoons for e-health informatics. Proceedings of the 2nd Australian eHealth Informatics and Security Conference, 50-57.