- PhD candidate – “Impact of dredging activities in north-western Australia on filter feeders assemblages.”
- 2008-2009: M.Sc. (2nd year) Oceanography and Marine Environment , specialising in coastal ecosystems. Pierre et Marie Curie University. FRANCE
- 2007-2008: M.Sc. (1st year) Environment and Coastal Areas. University of La Rochelle. FRANCE
- 2006-2007: B.Sc. Biology, specialising in marine biology of marine organisms. University of La Rochelle. FRANCE
- CMAS *** (2010), DAN oxygen (2010), BNSSA (Lifeguard Certificate), AFPS (First Aid Certificate), AFCPSAM (Aid Certificate with Materiel)
- Marine ecology, benthic ecology
Previous Research Projects
- Impact of sewage disposal on macro-algae assemblages on coastal rocky reefs
- Ability of small grazers (amphipods and gastropods) under different hydrodynamic conditions to ameliorate the effects of nutrient enrichment in seagrass meadows
- Influence of transported kelp on nearshore marine foodwebs – trophic subsidies in the marine environment.
- Study of the spatial and temporal variability of the mesozooplanktonic community structure along the Charente estuary: abiotic and biotic parameters.
- Study to determine the effect of shrimp fishing at the coast of Sonora state (Mexico) thorough the evaluation of some population parameters of one common fish species (Syacium ovale) from the shrimp by-catch
- Studies of nematodes predation by foraminifera, and of the bacterials and virals populations in the Marennes Oléron Bay
- Study of the spatial and temporal variability of phytoplankton abundances and communities in the north-western Mediterranean Sea.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
Refereed Journal Articles
- Zooplankton community structure in a highly turbid environment (Charente estuary, France): Spatiotemporal patterns and environmental control. 2010, Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science,Volume 88, p. 219-232. Modéran J1, Bouvais P1, David V, Le Noc S, Simon-Bouhet B, Niquil N, Miramand P, Fichet D.
- Organic matter exploitation in a highly turbid environment : Planktonic food web in the Charente estuary, France. 2012, Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, Volume 98, p. 126-137. Modéran, Julien; David, Valérie; Bouvais, Pierre; Richard, Pierre; Fichet, Denis
- Modéran, J., Bouvais, P., David, V., LeNoc, S., Simon-Bouhet, B., Niquil, N., Miramand, P., Fichet, D. Zooplankton community structure in a highly turbid environment (Charente estuary, France): spatio-temporal patterns and environmental control. Workshop on Estuarine and Riverine Systems (Toulouse, France, March 2010)
- Modéran, J., Bouvais, P., LeNoc, S., Simon-Bouhet, B., Miramand, P., Fichet, D., David, V. Spatial and temporal patterns of the mesozooplankton community structure in a highly turbid estuary (Charente estuary, France). 45th Estuarine & Coastal Science Association International Symposium (Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, September 2009)
Mr Pierre Bouvais