Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5080, Mobile: 0452598114, Email: email@example.com, Room: 19.350
Oscar is a Post Doctoral Research Fellow within the Centre for Ecosystems Management in the School of Natural Sciences.
I have over seven years research experience in marine ecology and palaeoecology, and in marine biogeochemical cycles. In Spain I worked at the Centre for Advanced Studies of Blanes and the University of Santiago de Compostela.
- 2012: Post Doctoral Researcher, School of Natural Sciences.
- 2011: Research Contract, University of Santiago de Compostela, Project “AGRIWESTMED - Origins and spread of agriculture in the south-western Mediterranean region”. Coordinator: Antonio Martinez cortizas.
- 2005-2010: Research Contracts and Fellows, Centre for Advanced Studies of Blanes, Projects “SUMAR II - The carbon sink associated with marine macrophytes and development of their potential in paleoecology and environmental management”; “SUMAR - El papel de las praderas marinas mediterráneas en el ciclo global del carbono”; “CARBOMED - Magnitude of the carbon sink associated with the seagrass Posidonia oceanica and potential in paleoecology”; “Asistencia técnica para el estudio de confirmación de la evaluación de la calidad ambiental de las masas de agua costeras utilizando macroalgas e invertebrados bentónicos como bioindicadores”; “WADI - Sustainable management of the Mediterranean coastal fresh and transitional water bodies: a socio-economic and environmental analysis of changes and trends to enhance and sustain stakeholder’s benefits”.
- Member of the consolidated research group directed by Iosune Uriz, GRUPO DE ECOLOGIA BENTONICA, SGR2005-000277 at the Centre for Advanced Studies of Blanes (CSIC).
- Foundation member of BIOSFERA, Associació d’Educació Ambiental.
Research Areas and Interests
- Marine Ecology and Palaeoecology
- Marine Biogeochemical Cycles (with a focus on the role of seagrasses as a Blue Carbon sink and the reconstruction of past metal pollution in coastal areas).
- Seagrass Ecology and Paleoecology
- Global Change
- Use of Stable Isotopes in Ecological Studies
- Basic and Applied Ecology of Aquatic Macrophytes
- Balance of Ecosystem
- Detrital Compartment in Marine Macrophytes
- Biomarkers and Analysis of Ecosystem Health