Mrs Muriel Davies
Contact Information Email: email@example.com,
- Bachelor of Science, Edith Cowan University .
- MSc (Master of Science), Edith Cowan University, 2010 .
Recent Research Grants
- The Development of Operational Rules for Management of Shallow Groundwater in Water Limited Ecosystems Project: Preliminary Works, Water Corporation, Grant, 2012 - 2016, $1,067,546.
- Mitigation of impacts on groundwater dependent vegetation through adaptive abstraction regimes, Water Corporation, Grant, 2006 - 2011, $635,165.
- Vegetation Monitoring of Groundwater Dependent Ecosystems on the Southern Blackwood Plateau and Eastern Scott Coastal Plain, Department of Water (WA), Grant, 2006 - 2010, $104,169.
- Vegetation Monitoring - Swan Coastal Plain, Department of Water (WA), Grant, 2007 - 2010, $36,535.
- Selection of groundwater-dependent ecosystem criteria sites in the Bunbury-Busselton-Capel groundwater areas and establishment of vegetation transects, Department of Environment WA, Grant, 2006 - 2007, $43,138.
- End of summer assessment of condition of Gnangara & Jandakot GDEs, Department of Environment WA, Grant, 2005, $14,000.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Froend, R., Davies, M., Martin, M., (2013), A shift in ecohydrological state of groundwater dependent vegetation due to climate change and groundwater drawdown on the Swan Coastal Plain of Western Australia. Groundwater and Ecosystems, 197-206, London.
- Canham, C., Froend, R., Stock, W., Davies, M., (2012), Dynamics of phreatophyte root growth relative to a seasonally fluctuating water table in a Mediterranean-type environment. Oecologia, 170(4), 909?916, Germany, DOI: 10.1007/s00442-012-2381-1.