Research Areas and Interests
Associate Professor Kate Andre
Associate Professor Nursing Educ
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 3476, Mobile: 0428 279 866, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO21.439
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 3476|
|Mobile:||0428 279 866|
- NMS3021 - Pathophysiology and Pharmacology 3
- 2012: Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching), Faculty of Computing, Health and Science, ECU
- 2011: Associate Professor Nursing Education, ECU
- 2005-2010: Lecturer C, Program Director, Project Leader, School or Nursing and Midwifery, University of South Australia
- 2004-2005: Project Officer - 'Nurse Care Improvement Project' in Dubai, Aus-training International
- 2002-2004: Clinical Placement Unit Coordinator/Lecturer C, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of South Australia
- 1990-2002: Lecturer B, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of South Australia
- 1988-1989: Senior Tutor in Nursing, South Australian College of Advanced Education
- 1985-1986: Casual Tutor, Department of Pedagogy and Scientific Studies in Education, James Cook University
- 1981-1988: Level 1 and Level 2 Registered Nurse, Royal Adelaide Hospital and Townsville General Hospital
- Royal College of Nursing Australia
- Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australia
- National League for Nursing (USA)
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2009: Nominated for the University of South Australia Award for Teaching Excellence: Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning (Team Entry)
- 1999: Supported Academic Teacher Award, 'Excellence in Teaching' - Development and Management of the Re-entry program for Registered Nurses
- 2002: Vice-Chancellor's Award for Innovation; Process Improvement - "School of Nursing Innovative Allocation (SONIA)' in arranging students' clinical placements
Research Areas and Interests
- Impacts of nurse education
- PhD (Doctoral Degree), The Flinders University of South Australia, 2003 .
- M (Master Degree), The Flinders University of South Australia, 1994 .
- B (Bachelor Degree), The Flinders University of South Australia, 1989 .
- Dip (Diploma), The Flinders University of South Australia, 1981 .
Recent Research Grants
- Master Research Program, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Grant, 2013 - 2018, $100,000.
- Developing and evaluating an assessment and planning instrument to facilitate resources to support Aboriginal people who undertake nursing education, Department of Health WA, Grant, 2014 - 2016, $68,394.
- Evaluation of clinical supervision at SCGH Subproject for Institution # G1001207, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Grant, 2013 - 2018, $23,801.
- Investigating the factors influencing recruitment, retention and transition to workforce of Aboriginal people undertaking nursing studies at an educational centre in Western Australia, Department of Health WA, Grant, 2011, $57,257.
- Enhancing Capacity for Quality Simulation "Embedding Simulation in Clinical Training - Improving Efficiency" Program, University of Wollongong, Health Workforce Australia, 2012 - 2013, $39,999.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Andre, K., Barnes, L., (2010), Creating a 21st century nursing work force: Designing a Bachelor of Nursing program in response to the health reform agenda. Nurse Education Today, 30(3), 258-263, London, UK, DOI: 10.1016/j.nedt.2009.09.011.
- Andre, K., (2010), E-portfolios for the aspiring professional. Collegian, 17(3), 119-124, DOI: 10.1016/j.colegn.2009.10.005.
- Andre, K., Ewens, B., Foxall, F., (2013), Work Integrated Learning: A Whole of Curriculum Approach. Work Integrated Learning: A Whole of Curriculum Approach, Xp., Durban, South Africa.
Research Student Supervision
- The Implementation Of Graduate Attributes: Does This Require A Change In Curriculum Design?.
- Peer Teaching And Learning In Clinical Education: A Systematic Review Of Literature.
- The Effectiveness Of Simulation Activities On The Cognitive Abilities Of Undergraduate Third-year Nursing Students: A Randomised Control Trial.