Dr Michael Monisse-Redman
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 3471, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO21.410
- UG - NST2106 and NST3206
- PG - Child/Adolescent and Forensic Mental Health Graduate Courses
- Course Coordinator - Doctor of Health Science (Clinical Leadership and Management)
- 1991-1994 Teacher Beehive Montessori School
- 1995-1999 School Psychologist
- 2000-2004 Coordinator/Clinical Psychologist (Peel Youth Counsellor Program/PCMHS)
- 2005 Project Officer South Metro Area Mental Health (Youth Mental Health Services)
- 2006-2008 Senior Clinical Psychologist (Youth Mental Health)
- 2009-Present Course Coordinator (L35)/Lecturer School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Australian Psychological Society (Member)
- APS College of Clinical Psychologists
- Psychology Board of Australia (APHRA)
- School Psychologist Association
- Australian Guidance and Counselling Association
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2010 Executive Dean’s Award
- 2011 Vice-Chancellor’s Staff Award - Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning
Research Areas and Interests
- Mental Health Service Provision
- Forensic Youth Mental Health
- Team Teaching in Tertiary Settings
- Placement Anxiety for Students in Mental Health Settings
PhD (Doctoral Degree), Edith Cowan University, 2007 .
B (Bachelor Degree), The University of Western Australia, 1998 .
PGradDip (Post Graduate Diploma), The University of Western Australia, 1996 .
B (Bachelor Degree), Edith Cowan University, 1995 .
BA (Bachelor of Arts), Edith Cowan University, 1994 .
Recent Research Grants
North Metro Health Service (Mental Health) Nursing Services Practice Development Project,
Department of Health WA,
North Metro Health Service - Mental Health Grant,
2013 - 2014, $220,000.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
Monisse-Redman, M., (2014), Collaborative Practice Development to improve clinical outcomes for youth with co-occurring mental illness, substance use and impulse control disorders..
Research Student Supervision
Doctor of Philosophy, University Student Support Systems, Help- Seeking Behaviour And The Management Of Student Psychological Distress.