Mrs Beverley Ewens
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 3542, Mobile: 0439 091 504, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO21.441
- Unit coordinator of the stage 5 Introduction to Critical Care unit.
- Third year undergraduate coordinator
- Critical care unit manager in the UK and Australia
- Lecturer postgraduate nursing, ECU
- Nurse Consultant, critical care services, UK
- Ward manager surgical services, UK
- Senior sister ICU, UK
- Royal College of Nursing Australia
- Australian Nurse Teachers Society
Awards and Recognition
- Ella Lowe Scholarship (2007)
- Finalist in WA Nurses Board Nurse of the Year (Preceptor category) (2007)
Research Areas and Interests
- Management of the deteriorating patient
- After care for ICU survivors
- Therapeutic interventions for ICU survivors
PGradDip (Post Graduate Diploma), Wales, 2007 .
PGradDip (Post Graduate Diploma), England, 1999 .
PGradDip (Post Graduate Diploma), United Kingdom, 1998 .
B (Bachelor Degree), England, 1994 .
Dip (Diploma), England, 1988 .
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
Ewens, B., Hendricks, J., Sundin, D., (2014), Never ending stories: visual diarizing to recreate autobiographical memory of intensive care unit survivorsNever ending stories: ICU survivors' uti. Nursing in Critical Care, N/A(N/A), N/A, UK, DOI: 10.1111/nicc.12093.
Ewens, B., Chapman, R., Tulloch, A., Hendricks, J., (2013), ICU survivors' utilisation of diaries post discharge: A qualitative descriptive study. Australian Critical Care, 27(1), 28-35, DOI: 10.1016/j.aucc.2013.07.001.
Andrew, L., Ewens, B., Scott, R., (2014), Moderation of assessments in a School of Nursing and Midwifery; Enhancing student assessment experiences. Moderation of assessments in a School of Nursing and Midwifery; Enhancing student assessment experiences., 7, DOI: http://fyhe.com.au/past_papers/papers14/12D.pdf.
Scott, R., Ewens, B., Andrew, L., (2013), Everything in moderation: A quality improvement initiative. eCULTURE, 6(November 8, 2013), 23-31, Perth, Western Australia.
Andre, K., Ewens, B., Foxall, F., (2013), Work Integrated Learning: A Whole of Curriculum Approach. Work Integrated Learning: A Whole of Curriculum Approach, Xp., Durban, South Africa.
Ewens, B., Andrew, L., Scott, R., (2013), Everything in moderation: The implementation of a quality initiative. Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Teaching Learning Forum, 30-31 January 2014.TL Forum (2014). Transformative, innovative and engaging. Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Teaching Learning Forum, 30-31 January 2014. Perth: The University of Western Australi, 1-15, Perth Western Australia.