Ms Amanda Fowler
|Telephone:||(61 8) 63043517|
- Unit coordinator for NNT1107
- Tutor for critical care
- Unit coordinator for the Graduate Certificate in Transition Nursing (3 x units)
Amanda Fowler is the unit coordinator for NNT1107 Social, Indigenous and Cultural Perspective in Health Care. Amanda graduated from ECU in 1999 with a Bachelor of Nursing, within the first five years of her career she completed a Post Graduate Certificate in Critical Care, Amanda successfully completed this course whilst working in the accident and emergency department in Carnarvon, which is 1,000km North of Perth. Amanda consolidated the graduate certificate at Royal Perth Hospital in the intensive care unit. The graduate certificate was soon followed by a Master in Education, which she commenced whilst working up in Kununurra, North West of W.A. The majority of Amanda’s clinical experience was spent working in rural areas where she enjoyed not only nursing in the emergency departments but working with Indigenous people.
Awards and Recognition
- Golden Key Award for both my Master degree and Nursing degree.
Research Areas and Interests
- Graduate nursing experience and Aboriginal health
- Academic Literacy for first year university students
- M (Master Degree), Monash University, 2010 .
- B (Bachelor Degree), Edith Cowan University, 1999 .