Dr Gilly Smith
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 3490, Mobile: 0439091504, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO21.441
- PhD and Master of Nursing (Research)
- Master of Clinical Nursing
- Master of Nursing by Coursework
- Undergraduate nursing critical care, law and ethics and communications
- Gilly has a background in clinical critical care nursing, primarily in cardio-thoracic and general intensive care units. She also has experience in health administration, complaints management and clinical governance.
- College of Nursing
- Australian Nurses Federation
- New South Wales Nurses Registration Board
- West Australian Nurses Registration Board
- Sigma Theta Tau
Research Areas and Interests
- End of life care in tertiary hospital facilities
- Advanced care directives
- Organ donation engagement
- Health ethics
- Health privacy
- Impediments to registration with Australian Organ Donation Register
- Implementation of Advanced Health Directives in the West Australian context
- Implementation of Patient Safety Teams in decreasing adverse events
Doctor of Business Administration, Southern Cross University, 2008 .
Graduate Diploma in Psychology, Charles Sturt University, 2001 .
Graduate Certificate in Nursing, UNKNOWN, 1997 .
Bachelor of Nursing, University of Western Sydney, 1997 .
Recent Research Grants
Evaluating the Feasibility and Impact of Implementing Ward-based Patient Safety Teams to Improve Patient Outcomes,
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital,
SCGH - Centre for Nursing Research - Grant,
2011 - 2012, $62,599.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
Smith, G., (2009), Managing end-of-life care in the Intensive Care Unit: End-of-life care in the ICU., 278, Germany.
Smith, G., (2010), A study of clinical behaviour in Intensive Care Unit. International Journal of Research in Nursing, 1(1), 21-24, United States of America.