Research Areas and Awards
Dr Joyce Hendricks
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 3511|
- PhD and Master of Nursing (Research)
- Master of Clinical Governance
- Master of Nurse Education
- Master of Nursing by Coursework
- Master of Clinical Nursing
- Master of Midwifery Science (Research)
- Coordinator, Master of Nurse Education and Master of Clinical Governance
- Royal College of Nursing (Australia)
- Sigma Theta Tau Incorporated
- Australian Nurse Teachers Association
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- Australian Learning and Teaching Citation (2011)
- ECU Vice-Chancellor's Award to Learning and Teaching (2011)
- Alison Johnson Prize for the most outstanding thesis from the Faculty of Nursing and Behavioural Science at the UWS (2000)
Research Areas and Awards
- Leadership and management
- Nurse education
- Chronic diseases and pain management
- Clinical governance
- Generational factors
- Advanced skilled nursing
- Nurse-Led Telephone Triage
- Midwifery Care
- PhD, University of Western Sydney, 2000 .
Recent Research Grants
- Kids and Parents for Optimal Weight (KAPOW), Osborne Division of General Practice, Grant, 2008, $10,000.
- Kids and Parents for Optimal Weight (KAPOW), Osborne Division of General Practice, Grant, 2007, $10,000.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Hendricks, J., Cope, V., (2010), Nurse Practitioner Programs: the need for giving good advice. Nurse Practitioner Series, 30-34, Western Australia.
- Hendricks, J., Cope, V., Harris, M., (2008), Pragmatic Truths-When Ritual Meets the reality of Community Engagement. Sustainability at Universities- Opportunities, Challenges and Trends, 31(1), 37-49, Berlin.
- Hendricks, J., Cope, V., (2012), Generational diversity: what nurse managers need to know. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 69(3), 717-725, DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2648.2012.06079.x.
- Jones, M., Hendricks, J., Cope, V., (2012), Toward an Understanding of Caring in the Context of Telenursing. International Journal for Human Caring, 16(1), 7-15, United States.
- Noonil, N., Hendricks, J., Aekwarangkoon, S., (2012), Lived experience of Thai women and their changing bodies in midlife. Nursing and Health Sciences, 14(3), 312-317, Asia, DOI: 10.1111/j.1442-2018.2012.00710.x.
- Cohen, L., Chang, P., Hendricks, J., Cope, V., Harman, B., (2011), Enhancing psychology students' experiences: The development of an undergraduate leadership programme. Psychology Learning and Teaching, 10(2), 164-169, DOI: 10.2304/plat.2011.10.2.164.
- Hendricks, J., Cope, V., Harris, M., (2010), A leadership program in an undergraduate nursing course in Western Australia: Building leaders in our midst. Nurse Education Today, 30(3), 252-257, UK, DOI: 10.1016/j.nedt.2009.12.007.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Effect Of An Exercise Intervention On Physical And Cognitive Function, Psychological Health And Quality Of Life Among Older Adults With Dementia In Bangkok, Thailand..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Portraits Of Nursing Resilience: Listening For A Story..