Mr Roy Pearce
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 2206|
- ECF3510 Personal Finance
- ECF3211 Superannuation & Retirement Planning
Roy began at ECU when it was known as Churchlands College, coming from a background in commercial and merchant banking, which has seen him teach a majority of the Finance units. In recent years, Roy has moved from the areas of derivatives, investments, and banking to personal finance and superannuation. Roy recently spent a semester away from ECU with a financial planning firm.
- Diploma of Financial Planning
- 1978 - MSc (Finance)
- 1974 - BA Hons (Economics)
Research areas and interests
- Historical rates of return on banks and general insurers
- Allen, D., Pearce, R. & Powell, R. (2012). Due Diligence: Lessons from the Global Financial Crisis for Funds of Hedge Funds with Particular Emphasis on the Asia-Pacific Region. Reconsidering Funds of Hedge Funds: The Financial Crisis and Best Practices in UCITS, Tail Risk, Performance and Due Diligence, 41-52, Oxford, UK.