The Cognition Research Group undertakes research in the areas of Skill acquisition, Expertise and decision making, Applications of cognitive research to education and Applications of cognitive research to psychological problems, our current research projects are listed below:
- Building financial literacy and retirement savings engagement by developing a financial education program for the workplace
- Development of computer game to facilitate the acquisition of arithmetic skills
- Effects of live versus recorded music and stories of salivary biomarker indicators of pain, anxiety, and immune function in palliative care cancer patients
- Re-evaluating self-reports of memory: Do affect and personality moderate the accuracy of subjective memory complaints?
- The role of automaticity in the development and transfer of cognitive skills
- The role of cognitive reflection on saving behaviour
- The role of expertise in judgement and decision making