Dr Craig Harms
- PSY2301 – Learning and Motivation
Dr Craig Harms works as a lecturer and researcher in the School of Psychology and Social Science at Edith Cowan University (ECU); a Clinical Psychologist (Registrar) in mental health settings; and a Psychologist at the Western Australian Institute of Sport. Craig was a teacher of Physical, Health, and Outdoor Education for approximately 20 years prior to working at ECU.
- Australian Psychological Society
- Australian Council of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation.
Awards and Recognition
National and International Awards
- APS Award
Research Areas and Interests
Craig's present research and practice interests include factors impacting on and the psychological consequences of personal achievement (sporting and academic); resilience; measurement of psychological constructs, treatment of psychological distress; and psychological aspects of health and exercise.
- Resilience – personal, as well as in sport and business.
- Sporting and educational performance
- Mental Health, such as Bipolar Disorder
- Parenting and play
- Doctor of Philosophy, Edith Cowan University, 2007 .
- Bachelor of Science Honours, Edith Cowan University, 2002 .
- Bachelor of Physical Education, The University of Western Australia, 1984 .
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Ferguson, C., Harms, C., Pooley, JA., Cohen, L., Tomlinson, S., (2012), Crime Prevention: The Role of Individual Resilience within the Family. Psychiatry Psychology and Law, 1-8, Oxon, UK, DOI: 10.1080/13218719.2012.707971.
- Cohen, L., Pooley, JA., Ferguson, C., Harms, C., (2011), Psychologists? understanding of resilience: implications for the discipline of psychology and psychology practice. The Australian Community Psychologist, 23(2), 7-22.
- Cohen, L., Ferguson, C., Harms, C., Pooley, JA., Tomlinson, S., (2011), Family systems and mental health issues: A resilience approach. Journal of Social Work Practice, 25(1), 109-125, DOI: 10.1080/02650533.2010.533754.
- Charman, D., Harms, C., Myles-Pallister, J., (2010), Help and e-help: Young people's perspectives of mental healthcare. Australian Family Physician, 39(9), 663-665, South Melbourne, Victoria.
- Brooks, D., Corkill, J., Pooley, JA., Cohen, L., Ferguson, C., Harms, C., (2010), National security: A propositional study to develop resilience indicators as an aid to personnel vetting. Proceedings of the 3rd Australian Security and Intelligence Conference, 35-43, Perth.