Dr Ricks Allan
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5048|
Teaching Psychological Assessment to 4th year and 5th year students
Ricks has worked for a life insurance company for 20 years - in the actuarial, product development, human resources and management information areas.
Ricks has been working in the School of Psychology and Social Science at ECU since 1998 with responsibilities in the areas indicated above.
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society
Research Areas and Interests
- Apology and Forgiveness
- Developmental assessment of children
- Psychometric properties of psychological tests
- Doctor of Psychology, South Africa, 1992 .
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Slocum, D., McKillop, D., Allan, A., Allan, R., Drake, D., (2011), Apology and acceptance in intimate partner relationships. Interpersonal acceptance and rejection: Social, emotional and educational contexts, 175-181, Boca Raton, Florida USA.
- Slocum, D., Allan, A., Allan, R., (2011), An emerging theory of apology. Australian Journal of Psychology, 63(2), 83-92, Melbourne, DOI: 10.1111/j.1742-9536.2011.00013.x.
- Cooney, A., Allan, A., Allan, R., McKillop, D., Drake, D., (2011), The forgiveness process in primary and secondary victims of violent and sexual offences. Australian Journal of Psychology, 63(2), 107-118, Melbourne, DOI: 10.1111/j.1742-9536.2011.00012.x.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Psychology, The Impact Of Assessment On Repeat Deliberate Self-harm..
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Nature Of The Association Between Male Violent Offending And Alexithymia..
- Doctor of Psychology, The Relationship Between Forgiveness, Anxiety, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder Amongst Secondary Victims..
- Doctor of Psychology, A Brief Screening Instrument For Use By Lawyers To Assess The Capacity Of Older Clients With Memory Deficits..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Australian Psychologists' Perceptions And Experiences Of Client Threats..